Weird steering behavior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fields Carlisle

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently traded my '11 LR4 for a very low mileage CPO '14 LR4 HSE Luxury with HD package and I've noticed that occasionally when the car shifts gears from 3-4 or higher gears where the torque converter is locked, the vehicle will suddenly and abruptly pull to the right for a split second. It doesn't do it every time but it is fairly frequent. There's not any stored faults or obvious sounds of a control arm or steering problem. The steering turns smoothly, no clunks on or off road. I jacked it up and didn't feel anything that seemed to be loose. Does anyone have any ideas? Have an appointment at my local dealer for January 8th (first available), but in the meantime I'd like to see if it's something I can figure out. I've wondered if it could be steering angle sensor maybe out of calibration as my VW GTI had a slightly similar issue that was resolved by the dealer in 10 minutes resetting the steering. Other than when it pulls after a shift, it take straight, steering wheel is centered and tires are all inflated to the same pressure. I have an iidtool, not I'm not familiar with the steering angle sensor calibration procedure on the LR4. If anyone is, I think I'd like to try that.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My first instinct would be that there is something up with the front and/or center differential, causing you a little torque-steer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM