Weird suspension fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
After about 40-45 minutes of mainly highway driving I get an Amber "suspension fault" light on the dash. Turn the truck off, turn it back on, light goes away. Another 40-45 minutes of mainly highway driving, it comes back on.

The weird part is, the truck will still raise and lower as it should, even at the usual speed. And while cruising at highway speeds it doesn't lower the truck, or say it's locked at a certain height. It only says "Suspension fault"

It only pops up after a certain amount of time driving. I drive 20 minutes to work, and 20 minutes back, it doesn't pop up on either drive. I noticed it driving from Ohio to Indiana recently, and doing some distance driving in Ohio.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated
PXL_20211205_015748520.jpg
PXL_20211205_015909285.jpg
PXL_20211205_015833147.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an intermittent one like that for a bit. Only came on when I had been driving for 20 minutes or so, and would go away when I'd clear it with my iiD tool. It seemed to subside a little after I rebuilt my center and rear valve blocks, but it would come back every once in a while.

I rebuilt my front valve block in August 2020, and I think it's only come back once since then. I replaced my front air struts this past Spring, and I haven't had the fault once since then.

This is all conjecture though without a code. But the intermittent faults, in my experience, seem like they are more caused by something down the line than they are the compressor.

Bryan Jones

The guy with the 35's
Reaction score
This is all conjecture though without a code. But the intermittent faults, in my experience, seem like they are more caused by something down the line than they are the compressor.
The problem here is, I don't have enough time to drive around until the fault pops back up. My 20 minute drive to work won't make it pop up, so I'm gonna have to wait until this weekend and just drive it until the light appears, and try the get code

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA