Wet Driverside In LR3!!! Need Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B

biz1285

Well, its been raining foor a few days here in tallahassee, and this morning I woke up to a soaked driverside floor board in my 05 LR3. I called the dealership and the service dept. was closed so I asked one of the salesmen. He said that it was probably clogged drain plugs? But he didn't know how to locate or clear them. If anyone could shed some light on my situation I would really appreciate it. I'm not sure if the salesman was right or wrong, but I definately need to figure out what is going on and fx it. Thanks.

R

roverdawg

biz1285,

Sounds like an ongoing problem that some LR3's are having. Some have reported water coming through the A-pillar area and on to the floor, others have reported water coming through the light switches near the ceiling. Here's an excerpt from this forum from member JPTruck:

"...Back on subject of the leak near the windshield: I was on my way to the dealership this morning for 7500 mile service when I felt a drip on my left leg. There was water running down the "A-Bar," or whatever it's called (left side of windsheild, connecting dash to roof), and it was enough to cause a drip. The actual source was behind the plastic ABS tab. Lucky me, I guess that I was on my way in on a 32-degree rain day.

The service tech says that this is a defect in the LR3s which they are currently fixing on service calls. Apparently, there's a rivet hole along that A-bar that's not exactly water-tight and has no purposeful use to the car. The guy said it's a pretty easy fix, but I'd have to leave the car overnight. The gave me a rental, and off I went......"

There's apparently a LR Tech Bulletin regarding water ingress. Hopefully, your dealer can fix and replace any wiring looms if necessary.

S

shod

I had 300 miles on my 05 when the dome light filled with water and started leaking onto the cluster, and the headliner had a little pool in it that would spill onto the windshield when I applied the brakes... Dealer said its very common with 05's. Apperantly they love having the customer come back for service instead of fixing it pre-delivery. This reminded me of the last time I had a sunroof leak but that was back in high school where i installed an after marker sunroof in an Olds using a sawsall...

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably a leak in the A-Pillar on both sides of the car. My vehicle started dripping on the driver side first. It's something that LR is aware of, but they're not exactly advertising it. It's a simple fix, though. Check your sunroof, as well.

L

LR3_WA

I had the same water leak !

Take it to your Land Rover dealer and they will have to replace the drain tubes - for free.

As this should be a recall !

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This won't be a recall... because not every vehicle is impacted and it's not safety related. I'm an early LR3 owner & I still haven't had it happen. It'll probably happen 1 day after the warranty ends. :) It's just known possible failure.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LR3_WA

When moving my Starbucks out of the way of the drips and not watching the road - it becomes a safety hazard ;)

CarolinaTim

Reaction score
Same thing but an 06 LR3

Everyone talks about the drain tubes but I can't find them or know what they look like. Help?

Mhaise57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it leaking or wet near the Dome light or is it wet near the visor and the top of the A-Pillar?

CarolinaTim

Reaction score
Here's the scoop

We've been having bad thunderstorms. I got in the car and noticed that the floor mat had a puddle on it before I got in the car. Then I saw water coming out from underneath the dashboard. When I started the car cursing...water came out of this little black hole right where the control is for the sunroof and I knew THAT wasn't supposed to happen. I saw in another thread where someone commented on hearing water sloshing around and that's what I have. I heard that this morning. When I went to drive it this afternoon the sloshing stopped.

When I got home today I opened the sunroof...it was drizzling....thinking whatever I'm looking for would be obvious. I saw these two little blue things like cones in the middle of the sunroof opening but I didn't feel like standing on my hood and I couldn't get a good look standing on the door sill.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi