Wet Floor - Leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJRover

Reaction score
Hi All. I have an '08 LR3 HSE. I have read through many posts on water leaks due to rain. Here is my situation:

After two recent heavy rains I have had A LOT of rain on the floor of the driver's side. Enough that is poured out when I opened the door. Here is what I have investigated and it is still leaking:

-I have checked the sunroof drains. They are draining properly and quickly, outside of the car.
-I have checked the sunroof drain tube that goes through the firewall on the driver's side. No leaking, and no rot.
-I have felt the cabin air filter on the PASSENGER side. It is dry.
-The cowl is slightly warped, about center of the windshield. I have not removed it and looked under it.
-The water is pooling UNDER the rubber floor mat. The water is not dripping onto the mat.
-It feels like the water is emerging along the edge (outward) floor on the driver's side. About where your left foot would be on a USA car. At least that is where it is pooling.

Any ideas on what is causing this significant leak? From what I have read the pillars would not be allowing so much water into the car. Thanks.

AJ

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be a kink in the drain tubes, or a hole in it, under the kick plates is where the hoses run through. Could be ingressing through the cowl if the seals on the snap on fasteners are gone. This was an upgrade part at some point in the past.. Have you futzed with your cabin grommet.. That's where I would look first. Then perhaps you'll have to start disassembling upwards until you find the source.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM