what’s the fastest you’ve gone in your LR4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnnwalters

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A LR 4 in the UK used for a service will go the equivalent of 151 mph and if you've got the ******** or cojones, it will exceed 70 mph in reverse. Although unless you're in a controlled environment and it's not your own LR 4, I wouldn't try the reverse thing as it's too difficult to maintain control except for a short time.

Last edited:

Stuart Barnes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know the LR 4 is used in the UK for protective services for the royal family and certain members of the government. I will tell you that from experience the vehicle will go to the equivalent of 151 mph and if you've got the ******** or cojones, it will exceed 70 mph in reverse. Although unless you're in a controlled environment and it's not your own LR 4, I wouldn't try the reverse thing as it's too difficult to maintain control except for a short time.

Now that’s a car with chops. I hadn’t thought about the reverse gearing.

nymoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR4 is remarkably quiet for it's shape. We regularly face a 80 km/h headwind heading into the Rockies during the winter. 100km/h +80 km/h headwind = 180 kmh (112 MPH). All is fine until the a pillar garnish just rips off the car. This happens at lower speeds on two lane highways in certain crosswinds. Carry duct tape.
My pillar garnish flew off just last week. It was crazy windy, and I tend to drive north of 80. It sucked. All
Of a sudden it just came off, scared the **** out of me.

I pulled over and “popped” it back in, for it to only happen again, even though I was driving at 60-70mph.

And then again.

It is now duct-taped, and will be this way until I find a fix. It’s more annoying than anything else. And I hate having random broken **** on my rig unless I break it having fun.

I suppose if I were to replace it. I would have to do both sides, so they match. Honestly, right now, least of my worries, but it’s still annoying. I am probably the only person that actually notices it.

Whatever - my 2011 still feels and drives great.

Cheers,
Adrien

3b0c2764061c858455498694b9d3cd92.jpg

d8e51e1bb9641bf7c8a773a35b3cead5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As some of you may know the LR 4 is used in the UK for protective services for the royal family and certain members of the government. I will tell you that from experience the vehicle will go to the equivalent of 151 mph .

LOL. That might be the biggest whopper I've heard in a while. You show me one fool that's removed the rev limiter and driven and LR4 151 mph. Hahaha. That's funny. I guess with the exception of a completely controlled environment with a straightaway and no bumps or curves and that's a maybe.

Come on man, 151 mph in one of these. You might as well have said it sprouted wings and flew.

LR4inAZ

Reaction score
Coming back from Wyoming - easily was driving 120 for good 30 mins - felt quite stable

Coming back from Aspen - over 100 for an hour plus...

Great Vehicle!

equilibrium

Reaction score
It seems the speed limit is not activated for middle east specs. I've hit 220kmh (about 136mph) few years back when the suspension was still in perfect condition.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems the speed limit is not activated for middle east specs. I've hit 220kmh (about 136mph) few years back when the suspension was still in perfect condition.

I can maybe buy that, sorta. But I can tell you, the difference between 135 and 151 in one of these is probably close to the difference between impulse power and warp 10 on the enterprise. If any of you have been past 150, just imagine what it would be like in one of these. It's literally laughable or someone just has a death wish.

I can also tell you, at least when you are on the track that you think you are doing one speed from a quick glimpse at the speedo, but you simply misread. For example, I was driving a modified 2018 911 Turbo S on miami speedway. I thought (from a quick glimpse of the speedo that I was at 160 mph on the long straightaway. However, when I went back and watched the video, I was just a touch over 150 mph. Just saying, most people aren't taking long looks at the speedo at this speed. They are quick ones. Whenever I have tracked, I usually have a video running. And, of course, the fish always gets bigger with the number of times people tell the story.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Although my A pillar was making a lot of noise it didn’t fly off luckily, instead my right side quarter panel fender flair flew off. Guess going fast comes at some sort of price.

B5F1A0C8-FB92-4CAA-AC1B-150C6FB23266.jpeg

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if he’s lying. There’s a video on YouTube of a guy in a Diesel Discovery 4 doing 226 kph and that’s 140 mph. The 3.0L TDV6 also has 245 hp so over 100 less then the 5.0L V8. Yes the engine weighs more but under the right circumstances that top speed compared to the Diesel seems in the right area. Not saying I agree or disagree but just saying judging off of others I wouldn’t be surprised if it could.
LOL. That might be the biggest whopper I've heard in a while. You show me one fool that's removed the rev limiter and driven and LR4 151 mph. Hahaha. That's funny. I guess with the exception of a completely controlled environment with a straightaway and no bumps or curves and that's a maybe.

Come on man, 151 mph in one of these. You might as well have said it sprouted wings and flew.

Davidinseattle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im not sure if he’s lying. There’s a video on YouTube of a guy in a Diesel Discovery 4 doing 226 kph and that’s 140 mph. The 3.0L TDV6 also has 245 hp so over 100 less then the 5.0L V8. Yes the engine weighs more but under the right circumstances that top speed compared to the Diesel seems in the right area. Not saying I agree or disagree but just saying judging off of others I wouldn’t be surprised if it could.

link please

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV