What did they do!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Primetime

Reaction score
I didn’t. I don’t really know how I missed it but that’s in the past. It’s rather low (although now that I hear it, it’s as loud as a freight train in my mind) and it isn’t in conjunction with shifts ... it happens with rpm. I’m going to service the transfer case and the diffs soon to see the condition of the fluid and see if that helps. In another recent post, I found that there is a damper for the transfer case which helps with vibration but, of course nothing can be easy for me, and it looks like it doesn’t fit my truck even though the TSB says it would. It’s definitely driveline related because it only happens under load and with some force... if I’m easy on the gas you don’t hear it

Last edited:

Ric in Richmond

Reaction score
I’m going to start a new post about the whine when I get a minute to record the sound. Thanks to all for the help. My Landrover saga continues.

Our 2010 is great...but it has it own issues. Timing Chain Tensioners and guides!!!!

Hope that isn't the whirring sound.....

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t. I don’t really know how I missed it but that’s in the past. It’s rather low (although now that I hear it, it’s as loud as a freight train in my mind) and it isn’t in conjunction with shifts ... it happens with rpm. I’m going to service the transfer case and the diffs soon to see the condition of the fluid and see if that helps. In another recent post, I found that there is a damper for the transfer case which helps with vibration but, of course nothing can be easy for me, and it looks like it doesn’t fit my truck even though the TSB says it would. It’s definitely driveline related because it only happens under load and with some force... if I’m easy on the gas you don’t hear it
Sounds like the driveshaft center bearing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Azoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something seems fishy to me, a 2010 with just 41k miles with a drivetrain whine...and large print saying sold as is ...something tells me the Odometer was dialed back from 141,000k to 041,000k

Primetime

Reaction score
I hope that isn’t the case but I guess I will never know for sure. Buying it from a Porsche dealer with the Carfax report seemed legit but anything is possible

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV