what was I thinking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Letting my wife talk me into tading in my 94 Range Rover classic for 97 Range Rover SE
Has the same 4.0 as my 97 Disco SE 7. In my 97 R.R. it has a EAS. How do I turn that DARN thing off. Is it the same as the Discos use. Do I just pull the fuse and disconect the compressor. Worked fine at the dealer of corse I didn't buy the warrenty and it broke down this weekend while we were camping. How long can i ride on the bump stops before I should worry. It is a 97 Range Rover SE with 83,000 miles on it. Don't know much about the history only that the pre owner had all regular services done.

Last edited:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you mean the air bags have deflated, it could be many issues, anything from a bad air bag to the $2000 compressor or just a valve that went bad.

This is why if and when I buy a RR it will have springs installed shortly after purchase.

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just played around with it and I beleive that they or who ever owned it before had already done this. I found all the coil springs. I really need to do some more research on it jack it up and pull off tires. The reason for the first concern was the darn warning light and chime. When I checked it at the dealer the light on the panel went up and down to the correct position but I don't ever remembering the vehical actually moving.

Last edited:

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just went outside and checked. 4 new coil springs and shocks. Not riding on the bump stops. I disconnected the compressor and removed the fuse. So how do I remove the warning EAS MANUAL and chime? I also know that this vehical and post in not in the correct place but the discovery forum is all I know. My next post on the vehical will be on the RANGE ROVER side.

Last edited:

97rover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they do sell the override module separaetly. Called them Going to place the order next week thanks alot. Now my ears can stop ringing after I start it up.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635