Wheel Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conleysa

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the LR4 can handle a smaller wheel size than the 19"? I see that 18" would open up my tire selection but it looks like the brakes are pretty large...

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read an article saying that LR4 has 19" wheel standard because of the larger brake system from Ranger Rover Sport was adapted. I would say 18" is out of question.

conleysa

Reaction score
Wheel option

Don't know why I didn't look at the web site in the first place - they actually show an 18" wheel option on the LR4 page. I just checked with LR on the cost... $840 per wheel!!!!

Yikes!

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in their website did you see 18" wheel as optional for LR4?

If you downloaded the PDF Accessaries Brochure for LR4, you get outdated LR3 one. New LR4 accessaries brochure is not yet available for US market. I found this Discovery 4 accessaries brochure made for other countries off google and 18" wheel is not listed as optional. Anyone interested, send me your email address. It's 4.5MB in size, too big to attach here and I forgot which site I downloaded it from. It's was one of those nights where I was all over the internet with 20 web browser windows open.

Last edited:

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe only some base trims of the LR4 - not available in North America anyway - still use the brakes from the outgoing LR3 and therefore could be fitted with OEM 18" rims. However, all LR4 trims getting to North America are fitted with the larger 2010 brakes that cannot take any factory 18" rims anymore. I am not sure whether some aftermarket 18" rims may be available to fit the new brakes (the Compomotive PD1880 in particular), I hope so as I would be in the same predicament if and when I trade my 2006 RRS HSE in for a 2010. :frown:

conleysa

Reaction score
It's actually on the LandRoverUSA LR4 page.

I tried to paste the link but the forum won't allow me. Just go to LandRoverUSA, then LR4, then "Features & Specification", then "Wheels". It shows the 18" option there.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is an interesting finding. It looks like a new design too so I suppose it was designed specifically for LR4 to clear the larger brake without being 19".

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bet you 5 bucks that wheel should not be on LRUSA's web site as it will not fit any LR4 sold on this side of the pond... It will fit the base Disco4 model (GS) trim with the old 2.7 liter turbodiesel 6 engine still sold in Europe however, since I understand that trim and engine come with the brakes of last year's LR3. Every other engine (including 5-liter petrol, 3-liter TD...) uses larger brakes in 2010, making those rims too small to fit.

conleysa

Reaction score
I might take that bet!! The parts guys at Land Rover Rocklin looked it up and claimed it is specifically for the LR4 V8 sold in the US. The downsize is the price - $800 per wheel!!!

Guess I'll hang out and wait for some tire companies to come out with new 19" tires!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635