Where to find a parts book?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jwise87

Reaction score
I am in need of a parts book for one of these. I didn't see one on the Topix website but I could have just missed it. I did see one on one of the LR dealer sites but it was pretty crude. I live 2+ hours from the dealer and I want to be able to see what the parts guy there is seeing. Any advice?

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Microcat EPC (electronic part catalog), which is what the dealer parts guys use, AFAIK. For the casual shopper, it's an absolutely miserable program... the user interface and navigation is just terrible compared to EPC's from other marques. (I'm used to Mercedes EPC, which is complex but very logical.) But, after spending ten times longer than it should take, I could eventually locate the part numbers I needed in Microcat for miscellaneous odds & ends of replacement parts.

The Microcat is likely to be more complete and accurate than the online dealer website listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw=rover+microcat

Image8.jpg
Image10.jpg

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the Microcat EPC (electronic part catalog), which is what the dealer parts guys use, AFAIK. For the casual shopper, it's an absolutely miserable program... the user interface and navigation is just terrible compared to EPC's from other marques. (I'm used to Mercedes EPC, which is complex but very logical.) But, after spending ten times longer than it should take, I could eventually locate the part numbers I needed in Microcat for miscellaneous odds & ends of replacement parts.

The Microcat is likely to be more complete and accurate than the online dealer website listings:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?&_nkw=rover+microcat

View attachment 7610 View attachment 7611

I just ordered that. Might come in handy, at least to help out folks on the interwebs. I'll have to get windows on a virtualbox to use it. (mac user only).

BeemerNut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check with your favorite LR dealership you frequent and check with the parts person for one of their parts catalogs.
They upgrade on average (been told) every six months and ask for one of their "obsolete catalogs" for your vehicle.
I have one for my 95 D1 5-speed Disco that shows about every nut & bolt besides parts for my Disco as well a factory repair manual.
A great help in finding the needed part as well having LR's long parts numbers of every part.

Carl.....~~=o&o>......

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM