Which Ladder Do You Like Best?

Which Ladder Do You Like Best?

• The original Land Rover one

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • The new longer one from Rover Racks

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The original Land Rover one?
LR3WhiteG4-Ladder.jpg

Or the new longer one from Rover Racks?
RoverRacksLR3Ladder2.jpg

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just ordered the rover racks ladder much easier to climb and wont hit the roof rack so they say. My kids tend to use the wiper blade to climb up I think the rr ladder will prevent this.

Edit: Im biased now will let you know after the install

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have the Land Rover one before?

yrbender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I have the SD ladder and rack on my RR. I waited 4 months to get the rover racks (rr) ladder I hope its worth the wait. I see my kids try to step on the license plate lite thing and they cant reach it. I think the lower rung on the rr ladder will be a big benefit. My concern, as I relayed to them, is the weight of the ladder. My SD ladder is not supported by the door on cold days and needs to be help up when getting in and out. I have the overfinch third row seat so its not good if its below freezing.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much was the Rover Racks ladder? I can't find a price on their site...

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
without reading the posts and going off the images... I like the top LR ladder if you were to get one. The other seems awkwardly larger then needed and comes across looking like a retro fitted ladder and not a stock one.... although im sure its much cheaper in price so i understand why someone might buy it.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the extra step. I Think it would be alot better for getting up there with kids ect.
The oem looks cleaner

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are almost identical in price actually. Rover Connection has the original one in stock for $330 plus shipping. Rover Racks sells theirs for $329 plus another $29 flat rate for shipping. Dealers charge a lot more for the original one though, and some ebay seller charge as much as $450. Dumb.

BldrRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Rover Racks ladder has that funny flat piece at the top of the ladder that I really don't like the look of. I wish they would have made that top section more like the OEM. I can't decide if the utility of the bottom step makes up for its overly large look though...

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rover connection 330.00 not anymore,it is 370 + shipping.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4