White noise in aux mode.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lr3han

Reaction score
Whenever i unplug my music device from the aux cord that is connected to the aux port. It makes a very loud "white noise" almost like a record player. And whenever im listening to music thru the aux cord it has a faint "white noise" in tje backround still. Obviosly the music is louder than the noise but id rather have no ghostly noise in the backround. Any know of a simple or costly fix?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....not really. Make sure the device is turned all the way up (volume) then control it through the head unit.

ZC06LR3

Reaction score
I tried a noise filter, but it reduced volume. My noise is there whether the phone is plugged in to power or not. I'm running a knivio Bluetooth that has aux and power use, its pretty annoying. I d like a fix too. The noise is present regardless of phone volume

dthomp87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have this problem sometimes and I have to restart the truck to get it to go away. Does the noise change with the engine's RPMS? mine does, I assume the stereo is poorly grounded.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This noise is usually caused by the power supply for whatever device you have plugged in. In other cars I've put a filter on the power feed and that took care of it. That said, I get this also when I have my iPhone plugged in. However, it's worse with a powered device.

It seems to go away when audio is playing through the aux port though, or else I can't hear it with the volume of music. I've learned to live with it, or just turn off the stereo when I'm not playing music.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM