LR4 audio from phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olayey

Reaction score
Hello, I want to listen to music from my iPhone and use the controls on the steering wheel in my 2011 Land Rover discovery 4. I have the iPod to 30-pin cable and I use a 30-pin to lightning adapter so it fits my iPhone XS. I use Spotify as my music media player. When I connect my phone to the iPod port via my cable I get a message that says something like “device error” on the screen in my LR. I also get “this accessory my not be supported” on my iPhone. I really need help and thank you for taking your time.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello, I want to listen to music from my iPhone and use the controls on the steering wheel in my 2011 Land Rover discovery 4. I have the iPod to 30-pin cable and I use a 30-pin to lightning adapter so it fits my iPhone XS. I use Spotify as my music media player. When I connect my phone to the iPod port via my cable I get a message that says something like “device error” on the screen in my LR. I also get “this accessory my not be supported” on my iPhone. I really need help and thank you for taking your time.

It's an issue with the iPhone. You need at least one song loaded on your iTunes in order for the system to recognize your phone, even if you use Spotify. Once your car accesses that song, you can switch to Spotify.

Be forewarned: your car will autoplay the one song you load onto your phone every time you connect it to your car.

I know at one point someone came up with a "song" that's really 10 minutes of silence. Not sure if it still exists.

https://www.engadget.com/2017-08-10-silent-10-minute-song-itunes-car-stereo-trick.html

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be forewarned: your car will autoplay the one song you load onto your phone every time you connect it to your car.

And my song happened to be a Christmas tune. Drove me nuts and made all my passengers laugh every time it happened until I figured it out.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
seems as though there is a solution already suggested for you, but maybe there is another. keep in mind, this is for an android though.

i use the Bovee adapter plugged into the ipod 30pin plug, pair it to my phone. on my phone i have an app that auto starts Spotify when connection with the Bovee is established. only song and volume can be changed. playlist change must be done on the phone. Spotify automatically pauses when the car is shut off or the source is changed.

olayey

Reaction score
It's an issue with the iPhone. You need at least one song loaded on your iTunes in order for the system to recognize your phone, even if you use Spotify. Once your car accesses that song, you can switch to Spotify.

I know at one point someone came up with a "song" that's really 10 minutes of silence. Not sure if it still exists.

https://www.engadget.com/2017-08-10-silent-10-minute-song-itunes-car-stereo-trick.html
Thank you so much. This worked perfectly!

double 0

Reaction score
How are folks mounting their Bovee so it doesn't dangle/get in the way/fall out?

I bought a piece of sheet metal to mount to the 2 screws holding the top of the console, but I haven't gotten around to cutting it yet and was wondering if someone had an easier way. I figure "sticking" it to the roof of the console with tape/velcro, it will just fall off over time.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How are folks mounting their Bovee so it doesn't dangle/get in the way/fall out?

I bought a piece of sheet metal to mount to the 2 screws holding the top of the console, but I haven't gotten around to cutting it yet and was wondering if someone had an easier way. I figure "sticking" it to the roof of the console with tape/velcro, it will just fall off over time.

i stuck it to the inside of the console lid with velcro. At first it kept falling off, so i lightly sanded a small (1"X1") area on the console lid, cleaned it with alcohol, then stuck the velcro. it has stuck for the past 6 months without issue.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72