LR4 audio from phone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tex_jag

Reaction score
Have you tried using the Bluetooth connection, my LR4 connects to the phone (Android) via BT and I can play music through the BT connection by choosing the phone through the mode function on the head unit.
Sounds pretty good too.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried using the Bluetooth connection, my LR4 connects to the phone (Android) via BT and I can play music through the BT connection by choosing the phone through the mode function on the head unit.
Sounds pretty good too.

Bluetooth only available from the factory on 2012 and newer.

BRUCE Duchene

Reaction score
@DaytonaRS7 you stated"on my phone i have an app that auto starts Spotify when connection with the Bovee is established. only" Can you please share what app that is? Id love to have that capability. Thanks.

DaytonaRS7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@DaytonaRS7 you stated"on my phone i have an app that auto starts Spotify when connection with the Bovee is established. only" Can you please share what app that is? Id love to have that capability. Thanks.

sure, its called "bluetooth autoplay music" . i downloaded it from the google play store.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. Man, I wish there was a more reliable way to get the connection working using the USB cable to an iPhone. The audio quality is distinctly better that way than via Bluetooth. In a number of audible ways.

It seems like every time I connect a phone to the cable, it fires up the Land Rover app on the phone automatically, and the console screen usually says Bluetooth was disconnected, but then it asks you to connect the USB. I did that! So there's a bit of juggling, swapping USB ports, trying it playing something on Apple Music, swapping ports again, and eventually the LR4 figures out something really IS attached and it starts working. Then I can switch to my Spotify library.

I wish I knew what the secret recipe was to get the vehicle to recognize that the phone really is plugged in already.

mm3846

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a cheap navtool/naviplus copy from aliexpress. it works mint, even has wireless carplay. the steering wheel controls dont work (only volume) but the next/prev buttons are so huge on the dash that it doesnt matter, and you are using the touch screen most of the time anyway.

Dylancmj

Reaction score
Reviving an old thread. Man, I wish there was a more reliable way to get the connection working using the USB cable to an iPhone. The audio quality is distinctly better that way than via Bluetooth. In a number of audible ways.

It seems like every time I connect a phone to the cable, it fires up the Land Rover app on the phone automatically, and the console screen usually says Bluetooth was disconnected, but then it asks you to connect the USB. I did that! So there's a bit of juggling, swapping USB ports, trying it playing something on Apple Music, swapping ports again, and eventually the LR4 figures out something really IS attached and it starts working. Then I can switch to my Spotify library.

I wish I knew what the secret recipe was to get the vehicle to recognize that the phone really is plugged in already.
What year LR4?

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m trying this on the new iPhone software and it’s not working with a 2011 LR4. There doesn’t seem to be iTunes anymore, per se. Just Apple Music and iTunes Store… Any advice?
iTunes is Apple Music now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petrhick