Who is the lucky owner?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, a whole recall issued for two cars... Didn't even think that was possible. Anyway, hopefully nobody here. Sounds pretty serious.

RECALL Subject : Engine may Seize due to Loose Connecting Rod Bolts
Report Receipt Date: FEB 06, 2015
NHTSA Campaign Number: 15V069000
Component(s): ENGINE AND ENGINE COOLING
Potential Number of Units Affected: 2
Manufacturer: Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC

SUMMARY:
Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (Land Rover) is recalling one model year 2015 Range Rover Sport vehicle manufactured November 16, 2014, and one 2015 LR4 vehicle manufactured November 11, 2014. In the affected vehicles, the 3.0L V6 supercharged engines may have improperly torqued connecting rod bolts. As a result, the connecting rod may separate from the crankshaft and the engine may seize.

CONSEQUENCE:
If the engine seizes there is an increased risk of a crash.

REMEDY:
Land Rover will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected engines, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 2, 2015. Owners may contact Land Rover customer service at 1-800-637-6837. Land Rover's number for this recall is P055.

NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle Safety Hotline at 1-888-327-4236 (TTY 1-800-424-9153), or go to www.safercar.gov.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, a whole recall issued for two cars... Didn't even think that was possible. Anyway, hopefully nobody here. Sounds pretty serious.

This just brought a huge smile to my face! :biggrin:

TLB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, the odds are probably almost the same as winning some sort of lottery. I would hope you could argue for at least an extended warranty![/QUOTE

Maybe Land Rover will make a mistake and will put V8 engines :smile::smile:
into those 2 cars. :biggrin:

lruny

Reaction score
My partner's Porsche Boxster was a one car recall a number of years ago.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't they keep it hush hush, build 2 identical cars, fly them in and have the President of JLRNA personally deliver them to each of the 2 unlucky owners with a bottle of bubbly, 12 red roses and a written apology signed by the whole staff in Solihull on that day? Would probably cost them a fraction of what this nationwide recall must be costing them just in legal fees. ;-)

churious

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why don't they keep it hush hush, build 2 identical cars, fly them in and have the President of JLRNA personally deliver them to each of the 2 unlucky owners with a bottle of bubbly, 12 red roses and a written apology signed by the whole staff in Solihull on that day? Would probably cost them a fraction of what this nationwide recall must be costing them just in legal fees. ;-)

Freaking love it.....

In the words of the "two Bobs" on office space... "you my friend are management material" :hello:

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think this could very easily be turned into a video like their Valentines day video and turn it into a aww moment....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM