Wind noise solutions/snow chains

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gmosley

Reaction score
I have been carting around snowboards every chance I get, but with the cross bars and the LR ski rack, the noise is pretty loud. I know LR doesn't make anything to help with the noise, so I was wondering what others might be using to minimize the noise. Hopefully there is a solution short of buying a Thule or Yakima system.

Also, I know LR makes a snow traction control system that is pretty pricey. I have used snow chains in the past and even the cheapest ones have been successful. Just wondering if anyone has the LR chains and what advantage they might have over something that Thule, or another company makes.

I haven't put on dedicated snow tires yet, but plan on it. I am in IL, just outside St Louis and have yet to need anything on our trips up to WI and the UP, but I think that will change real soon. Any help/advice is appreciated.

14 LR4 HSE LUX, HD, Black Pack, Vision.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99