Windshield and Rain Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CincyRovers

Reaction score
Use something, maybe a flat blade screwdriver or nail file to pry the plastic halves apart. If your cover is per the jpg, just start at the top where the wires go in.

In my case, they almost fell apart when I started; in fact I wondered why they had not seperated going over a bump etc.

View attachment 9695
Thank you very much. I’ll check it out later!

CincyRovers

Reaction score
Use something, maybe a flat blade screwdriver or nail file to pry the plastic halves apart. If your cover is per the jpg, just start at the top where the wires go in.

In my case, they almost fell apart when I started; in fact I wondered why they had not seperated going over a bump etc.

View attachment 9695
I was able to get the casing removed and discovered that the sensor was unplugged! Thanks again for the help!

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was able to get the casing removed and discovered that the sensor was unplugged! Thanks again for the help!
Hopefully that resolves the problem but one wonders if someone unplugged the sensor hoping to solve a problem.

Usually the sensor comes unglued from the glass, but it does not normally unplug itself.

I am hoping that at some time a new factory windscreen was installed and the fixer forgot to plug the sensor back in, and that now, all is good.

Please keep us updated.

CincyRovers

Reaction score
Hopefully that resolves the problem but one wonders if someone unplugged the sensor hoping to solve a problem.

Usually the sensor comes unglued from the glass, but it does not normally unplug itself.

I am hoping that at some time a new factory windscreen was installed and the fixer forgot to plug the sensor back in, and that now, all is good.

Please keep us updated.
Yep! That was the issue! I plugged the sensor back in and now it works perfectly

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
We purchased a used 2016 LR4 HSE 2 summers ago and this fall it will be moving to upper New York State.
I would like the heated windshield to be functional as this is my daughters truck.
Don't care about the rain sensor function.

It has a replaced windshield, is there a way to test this to make sure it works? We are in Houston and it's just too warm here to actually get it to turn on.
I have an IID Tool coming next week for a different project, does it offer a test function?

The windshield is a Benson Lamishield
I can see the heating wires in it.
DOT- 1040AS-1M-685
43R-016794
H
FW 04136
E005088
Solar
E11 in a circle
CCC in a circle

Thanks!
Dan

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We purchased a used 2016 LR4 HSE 2 summers ago and this fall it will be moving to upper New York State.
I would like the heated windshield to be functional as this is my daughters truck.
Don't care about the rain sensor function.

It has a replaced windshield, is there a way to test this to make sure it works? We are in Houston and it's just too warm here to actually get it to turn on.
I have an IID Tool coming next week for a different project, does it offer a test function?

The windshield is a Benson Lamishield
I can see the heating wires in it.
DOT- 1040AS-1M-685
43R-016794
H
FW 04136
E005088
Solar
E11 in a circle
CCC in a circle

Thanks!
Dan

Turn it on and hold an ice cube onto the exterior of the windshield. Once warmed up, it should melt pretty quickly. Would recommend you perform in the garage, first thing in the morning to rule out the sun heating the windshield for you. I would perform the test on both the driver and passenger side. The windshield heater elements have a power lead for each side. Sometimes one side does not work for one reason or another

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV