Wiper Blades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, not sure if you all know or not, but the 08 model year wiper arms fit older LR3s and allow you to lift the wiper arms up. Make sure you use a puller to remove the old arms and a torque to install the news as they are a press fit onto the splines....

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Bosch Icons - I used them for years on my Audis and they were great. But I tried a set on the LR3 and they terrible.

Then I read somewhere that Bosch moved their wiper production from Germany to China. That may explain the change in product quality.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed all wipers are made in China, Korea or Mexico. With that being the case, I don't really prefer a specific brand anymore since they're all going to be pretty much the same.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have ordered up the valeo 900, the squeaking of those expensive silblades was killing me!!!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed all wipers are made in China, Korea or Mexico. With that being the case, I don't really prefer a specific brand anymore since they're all going to be pretty much the same.

I went to college in Buffalo, NY and there was a huge Trico wiper plant nearby. One snowy day, classes were cancelled so a few of us went to a nearby bar just before lunchtime. It was a big place, with seating for about 100 patrons. We were amazed to see each seating location set-up with a beer and a shot. The amazing part was the variety of beer brands and shots of various liquors. Clearly this bartender had been setting these place settings for years for the same Trico lunch patrons.

Of course the Trico plant closed years ago as wiper manufacturing moved out of the US.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just switched out the silblades for Valeo 900. First impressions are good. The judder has stopped and the streak band has gone.

But I know I have to drive with them for a bit to really know - when i first put the silblades on I was praising them for the first week...

watch this space...

revel8or

Reaction score
PaulLR3: I used Icons on a Mitsu Eclipse for years. They worked wonderfully well at high speeds. A few years ago, I switched cars and put Icons on. They lasted like 6 months before streaking and stuttering as well has having poor performance, new, at 65 mph. I switched to Trico Neoforms and they did well on my last car. I just put a pair on my LR3, so we'll see how they do on this one.

GSMblue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Valeo update - so far so good. Best I have seen on the LR3.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635