Wipers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trackstar

Reaction score
Need new windshield wipers. Dealer wants $50. Anything special to them, or should I just go to NAPA and pick up some replacement blades? Any recommendations?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, for a dealer that price is not so bad... But I have been much happier with my 22" Rain-X Latitude blades I bought at a local Pep Boys over a year ago compared to the noisy and streaky stock wipers that originally came with my RRS, I paid $20 with a 2-for-1 coupon and it took about a minute to install both.

CoMclovin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Bosch replacement blades. They usually run me about $22 a blade, give or take a dollar or two depending on where I pick them up at. I haven't had the dealer replace my blades, so I can't speak to what they are using as replacements, but the Bosch blades have been great so far!

cj60

Reaction score
got mine from Tire Rack - Valeo 22" buy 1 get 2nd free good deal just in time for rain here in Socal.....

cj60

Reaction score
got mine from Tire Rack - Valeo 22" buy 1 get 2nd free good deal just in time for rain here in Socal.....

forgot to add, I paid $19.95 plus shipping for the front... :hello:

PicnSav

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried Bosch($22) last year, work good for the first few months than the noise came back. Now, I'm using Michelin wipers from Target. $15 a piece, so far they are quiet.

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DIY is the way to go. I just installed winter blades last month from auto zone - and not a minute too soon. Several ice storms already in Chicago this year, and we're getting hammered today. Lots of use out of the heated windshield!

On another related note, does anyone else have problems with the rear blade not contacting the rear window? It seems that the spring in the arm is not strong enough and/or the joint rivet gets corroded. I peridoically move the arm to and from the window to loosen the joint, but it has never seemed to make good solid contact...

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rogo, About the only way to keep the rear working well is to periodically spray WD 40 on the joint. Poor design, they must not have salt in England :)

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use these blades: http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/DKC500220SILFBK.cfm

Bought the front ones from Atlantic British a long while back but last time i replaced the back wiper i found the same blade at Advanced Auto.

Havent had one problem, no noise, good wipes...

I use RainX windshield fluid year round too... they really help with clean and noise free wipes...

Rogo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks roverman. I had kind of resolved myself to no good solution, keeping it loose and lubed is about it.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72