Wipers!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

T

texas911

Well wouldn't you know it, one of my wipers disinegrated and I was getting plastic on glass during a rain storm. So I trot down to my friendly LR dealer and ask if its a warranty item, they say no wipers don't last longer than 6 months! What a crock, on my old Disco, I changed them out twice in 3 years! So I buy a new one and its $37! Each, what the heck I pay because its some fancy wiper, but when I get home to change it, the hook on the arm is actually just a universal type! I could have gone to Pep Boys or Walmart to get regular old wipers for less than $10 each. I'll check to see how much the Blade type one costs at Pep Boys, which look remarkably like the stock LR3 ones. Either way, that's the last time I buy wipers from the dealer.

BTW, the new wiper is glued on instead of held in place by metal like the traditional wiper, and that is how the rubber came off the wiper on my LR3, so its a defect, in my opinion. To top it all off, the broken wiper scratched my windshield.

T

toddjb123

...don't forget, your $37 LR wiper has those little dongles on each end that flop around the ends. Don't know what you call them, but there obviously not on any Pep Boys wipers I've seen (but not worth $70 for a set, either!)

F

Freeflytim

Feel better now after the vent?

Why did you think you had to have a Land Rover specific wiper?

How did you come up with that idea?

And whose fault is it when you found out you can get them at Wally World?

Just wondering.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

texas911

I thought that because on my old Disco II, it used proprietary hooks. I do feel better getting it out there and saving people some money.

A

alindsay

Freeflytim - you are kind of a d*ck at times. I'm not sure when you became better than everyone else but it would be nice to keep the spirit of the board to the LR3 and not personal. I guess I should take my own advice and not call you a d*ck

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM