woke up yesterday morning, got myself an LR3...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

Amir

hello freinds,

so after months of lurking around and posting endless stream of questions, i finally purchased my first land rover yesterday, '06 HSE (LUX & HD) zambezi with alpaca (i know i know, the silver with black thing. i sort of went for the airy and luxurious feel of beige, it doesn't look all that bad with silver from outside). this thing of beauty arrives at the dealership on the 5th and am hoping to drive it home the next day (although, i will certainly be at the dealer on the fifth to take a look) so i can have a little inaugural weekend trip. besides being my first land rover, this is also my first time buying a brand new car so any advice will be really helpful...also, about the break-in procedures, etc.

just wanted to thank everyone for all the help and answers that i have gotten from you all. obviously, extremely excited and just cant wait to drive it. Also, the dealer honored the $1500 offer from LR.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the insanity! Hope your LR experience is better than some with the LR3...

T

Tomasz

Congrats. Welcome to the club. If I may, being that we got ours three days ago.

C

captgww

Congrats as well, we're now on our third LR ('05 LR3, Silver/Alpaca {it works for us}) About 2000 miles in three weeks and just came back from New Hampshire averaging 17.7-18.2 mpg doing 65-75 MPH. Lots better than the 14.5 on the old Disco II I just returned, even with 45,000 on it. Also bought an '02 Freelander for wife, I like that as well.

So far a few beeps indicating suspension faults but they self correct in a few seconds. Time will tell...

X

xcursion

Same here with 06 HSE Silver/Alpaca. Jus love the combination. Welcome.

S

shod

silver on black here picked up on the 30th. (280 miles and already a check engine light...I hope its not a sign of things to come...)

T

texas911

That's the same color combo I have. I love it. I like the two tone look very much.

A

Amir

thanks guys. its insane how much time i have been spending on these forums lately. i have never been that excited about a car purchase before.

just got a call from my dealer, my ride arrives tomorrow at the dealership, and he estimates my **** behind the wheel by 4:00 pm. Time has never been that slow for me. :creep: and its abvious, i am gonna have a sleepless night tonight...

S

shod

good chance your **** will be @ service within 2-3 days :) I certainly hope it wont happen to you though

steve c

Full Access Member
Reaction score
05 LR3 here -- zero issues.

The vocal minority is the rule of thumb on this forum.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo