Woodgrain Dash, Steeing Wheel & Shift Knob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lacarruk1

grommet said:
lacarruk1, the exterior of the cup holder inserts didn't change size.

Grommet,

The 2006 cupholder inserts are smaller than the 2005 LR3 in the center console. I should know as I had a 2005 originally. My strabucks cup would slip all over the place. The 2006 insert is only slightly better but not great. Ask around if you don't believe me.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I know. But the EXTERIOR is the same size, so it fits in the same place. Only the part that touches the cup is different. You can pop the new inserts in any LR3 that shipped with the older inserts.

F

Freeflytim

I will never figure out why people want to add 'wood grain' to a truck.
What FUNCTION does wood trim do?? Nothing! Other than trying to impress the Lexus friends?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt_Grim2

Freeflytim said:
I will never figure out why people want to add 'wood grain' to a truck.
What FUNCTION does wood trim do?? Nothing! Other than trying to impress the Lexus friends?

I installed it because it looks great, just like why everyone else does, It makes the interior more like a Range Rover, You can't sit here and tell me you don't think the wood in a Range Rover doesn't look great...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I installed it because it looks great, just like why everyone else does, It makes the interior more like a Range Rover, You can't sit here and tell me you don't think the wood in a Range Rover doesn't look great...
Matt - What is ASPI charging you to make that custom piece (front of passenger cupholder)?

M

Matt_Grim2

How did you know i was having them make a custom peice ? just curious ?

Well I have been e-mailing back and forth and I just mailed the piece out yesterday do be done, they said they should have a price for me in a week or two, prolly shouldn't be that much...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
How did you know i was having them make a custom peice ? just curious ?

Well I have been e-mailing back and forth and I just mailed the piece out yesterday do be done, they said they should have a price for me in a week or two, prolly shouldn't be that much...

Believe it or not, but the company emailed me your email raving about how good the product looks and also about your request for the custom piece. They also included your personal email address in my email (just an fyi)...

I saw your pics and the kit does look great. Was it a pain in the ass to remove the center console with the cupholders? Does the new center console they give you have the terrain response knob and switches or do you you use your own?

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that's a company with a good privacy policy. Did you get his credit card, too? :) I don't think I'll ever deal with these guys.

I'm personally with Freeflytim... fake wood trim does nothing for me, especially in a very utilitarian vehicle like the LR3. I like my wood on real furniture. It's a personal taste thing, of course. I just don't think it's part of the LR3 DNA.

Enjoy your "wood"...

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Believe it or not, but the company emailed me your email raving about how good the product looks and also about your request for the custom piece. They also included your personal email address in my email (just an fyi)...

I saw your pics and the kit does look great. Was it a pain in the ass to remove the center console with the cupholders? Does the new center console they give you have the terrain response knob and switches or do you you use your own?

Thats i fine, they e-mailed me asking if when they had a customer they could give them my e-mail for testimony...

Removing the Console with cupholders was a pain in the ass, you just had to be patient as first you remove the shift knob then the black peice with the gears on it, then the graw peice that includes the terrain responce, what was hard was you couldn't set those peopel aside because wires connect them and i coundn't get them off and didn' want to break it...

You use your own terrain respone peices as they are attached to the big gray peice around the cup holders, you just gotta take your time, and in the end it is worth it...

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
Now that's a company with a good privacy policy. Did you get his credit card, too? :) I don't think I'll ever deal with these guys.

I'm personally with Freeflytim... fake wood trim does nothing for me, especially in a very utilitarian vehicle like the LR3. I like my wood on real furniture. It's a personal taste thing, of course. I just don't think it's part of the LR3 DNA.

Enjoy your "wood"...

I aprroved of them givng away my e-mail...

It is not a fake wood kit, I vehicle next to a Range Rover and both the wood kits looked factory...

From your post i wonder do you like the wood in the RR Sport or the Range Rover or does it not suite the "utilitarian" look...

When i think of rover i think of Luxary SUV not Utilitarian...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9