Woodgrain Dash, Steeing Wheel & Shift Knob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Difference of opinion....

I ripped all the carpet and padding out of my 96 Disco, partly because of the wet-dog smell permanently in my truck (from a 3000 mile camping trip) and partly because I like the metal floors better. I love it, because I use my truck for very different purposes than just to drive point-to-point...

To each their own. :biggrin:

M

Matt_Grim2

Moose said:
Difference of opinion....

I ripped all the carpet and padding out of my 96 Disco, partly because of the wet-dog smell permanently in my truck (from a 3000 mile camping trip) and partly because I like the metal floors better. I love it, because I use my truck for very different purposes than just to drive point-to-point...

To each their own. :biggrin:

I agree, each person personalizes there truck to there taste, my father has a 99 disco II full off-road set-up and not as luxuary as my LR3 but that is what he loves...

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt - What is ASPI charging you to make that custom piece (front of passenger cupholder)?

I got a quoate back today for $100.00 to do the custom peice...

L

lacarruk1

Matt_Grim2 said:
I got a quoate back today for $100.00 to do the custom peice...

Matt - Did they charge you shipping or was it all included in your price? Did they cut you a deal for ordering a bunch of stuff? Tell me if this is correct or if you got a better deal:

LR-LAN01AB-BX-D: $1925
SW-LAN03AA-BK-D: $850
SK-LAN03AA-WD-D: $320
Passenger cupholder piece: $100
TOTAL: $3195

Then you return the core parts for a credit of:
$745

So - TOTAL COST ALTOGETHER FOR WOOD AFTER CREDITS = $2450

M

Matt_Grim2

lacarruk1 said:
Matt - Did they charge you shipping or was it all included in your price? Did they cut you a deal for ordering a bunch of stuff? Tell me if this is correct or if you got a better deal:

LR-LAN01AB-BX-D: $1925
SW-LAN03AA-BK-D: $850
SK-LAN03AA-WD-D: $320
Passenger cupholder piece: $100
TOTAL: $3195

Then you return the core parts for a credit of:
$745

So - TOTAL COST ALTOGETHER FOR WOOD AFTER CREDITS = $2450

1) Shipping was extra, then you have to pay to have them shipped back
2) No they did not cut me a deal as i was told i was saving buying the 8-piece pack, because if i bought them all seperate i would pay more...
3) All of the price you listed are the exact prices that I paid..
4) The only bit that i had to pay extra for was i could not install the wheel myself and i had the dealer do that for $85 (one hours labor)... Also the custom piece you have to pay to ship it to them and it will take 6-8 weeks at the longest...

Anymore ?'s just let me know...

You won't be disapointed with the items at all they make your LR3 look and feel like a Range Rover inside...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
From your post i wonder do you like the wood in the RR Sport or the Range Rover or does it not suite the "utilitarian" look...

When i think of rover i think of Luxary SUV not Utilitarian...
As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the wood interior look in most cars... though I'm OK with it in the Range Rover and, to a slightly lesser extent, the RR Sport. Unlike RR and RRS, the LR3 is a giant box and it's design is pure utilitarian (ask the designers - it was intentional!)... both inside and out. Yes, it's "upscale" due to cost... but it was never intended to be a luxury bling mobile. It's a workhorse. But do remember: I actually use the LR3... unlike many American owners.

Also, unless it's a solid piece of real wood... I will always call car interior wood fake. :D

J

jcegold

Mat Are these parts done with the hydrograhic's process? if so i had 9 pices + stearing wheel done up for around $1100.00 that was for my duramax truck.

M

Matt_Grim2

jcegold said:
Mat Are these parts done with the hydrograhic's process? if so i had 9 pices + stearing wheel done up for around $1100.00 that was for my duramax truck.

I honestly have no clue, all the website says is "Dark Burlwood Laminate Dash Pieces" I have never heard of what you are talking about ? what exaactly is it ?

M

Matt_Grim2

grommet said:
As I said earlier, I'm not a fan of the wood interior look in most cars... though I'm OK with it in the Range Rover and, to a slightly lesser extent, the RR Sport. Unlike RR and RRS, the LR3 is a giant box and it's design is pure utilitarian (ask the designers - it was intentional!)... both inside and out. Yes, it's "upscale" due to cost... but it was never intended to be a luxury bling mobile. It's a workhorse. But do remember: I actually use the LR3... unlike many American owners.

Also, unless it's a solid piece of real wood... I will always call car interior wood fake. :D

I totally agree with you Gromment, It's just like MOOSE said, the accessories are out there so each person can make there LR3 there own, what one person may like another may hate...

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"Hydrographic" is a process of lamination. The plastic trim pieces are dipped in a tank where the wood grain is deposited on the part. This is most likely the process they use.

Yes, they charge far too much for the process... but, then again, how many carry pre-laminated parts for LR3/Discovery 3? Most shops would need to keep your parts for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9