Woodgrain Dash, Steeing Wheel & Shift Knob ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

Matt_Grim2

I am looking into buying a Woodgrain Dash Kit, 2 Peice Steering Wheel & Shift Knob from Roveractive on Ebay. Just wondering if anyone has purchased this or anything similar & if so what do you think plus do you have any pictures...

L

lr305

My new used truck has a partial woodgrain dash kit (only on door handle and air ventilation areas) from LR. It looks pretty neat. I have Avalon which has much woodgrain and am get used of having wood grain. I like it. However, have no experience with the one from Ebay. From the picture, sure it is nice.

R

roverdawg

Matt_Grim2 said:
I am looking into buying a Woodgrain Dash Kit, 2 Peice Steering Wheel & Shift Knob from Roveractive on Ebay. Just wondering if anyone has purchased this or anything similar & if so what do you think plus do you have any pictures...

Matt,

When I bought my 2005 LR3 HSE, I had the dealer install their wood kit. It looks great..at first glance and from straight on. BUT, the fit is far from perfect and the wood stops about 1/4 inch from sitting flush in most places, if you look at the sides. Not sure if LR has upgraded this in their current wood offerings. Haven't seen after-market solutions up-close to know if their measurements are better.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt_Grim2 said:
Roverdawg,
This is the Woodtrim kit that i am talking about, it is a custom kit that has a lot more peices than the LR Genuine Kit, plus with this kit you fully replace the stock dash it is not just stuck over...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=8005567105&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Take a look and let me know what you think...
Matt you may want to check with the mfgr, it could save you some $$

http://www.apsisusa.com/03%20Land%20Rover%20Products/LR3%2005-UP%20Wood%20Trim%20in%20Dk.%20Burlwood%20Index%20Page.htm

They also have other wood and carbon fiber options HTH

John

M

Matt_Grim2

thank you soo much for you info, i will check with the manufacturer and compare prices...

do you know of any pictures of these items installed in a LR3...

R

roverdawg

Matt,

Here's a link to pics of an installed apsis kit:

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=709

Scroll down to 2nd pic. It looks good and the fit is much better than the dealer installed kit that I have. Personally, I think the steering wheel is a bit much but everything else looks good. Pls. post the manufacturer's price when you find out.

Roverdawg

GO SEAHAWKS!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Matt_Grim2

Here is the information they e-mailed me about the Woodtrim Items...

Here are the prices for you------

LR-LAN01AB-BX-D Lamination Burlwood Dashes 8pcs $1450 plus core charge $475

LR-LAN01BB-BX-D Lamination Burlwood Dashes 12pcs including Headrest Handles $2175 plus core charge $615

SW-LAN03AA-BK-D Wood Steering Wheel $650 plus core charge $200
SK-LAN03AA-WD-D Wood Shift Knob $250 plus core charge 70

RH-LAN02AA-WD-D Roof Handle 4pcs (for 2 Row Seat) $595 plus core charge $140

RH-LAN02BA-WD-D Roof Handle 6pcs (for 3 Row Seat) $895 plus core charge $210

Please note that the all those items require “Core Exchange” which means there will be core charges attached to the transaction and later you need to return the cores back to us and we will refund your deposit.

The installation is very easy and you can do it by yourself. All you have to do is just to pop out the original parts and then snap in our parts and that’s it!

We have in stock ready to ship.

We also make many exterior chrome items for LR3 if you are interested.

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the prices ....That sure looks like a better way to go than Ebay

Cheers
John in NE Ohio

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
roveractive on eBay is normally just a reseller, so there is additional profit built-in to many items they sell. They are "convenient", but far from cheap.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9