World Land Rover Day 2018 (4.30.18)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has everyone hugged their Rovers today? A lot of Land Rover accounts on social media are tuning into the LR youtube channel at 2000 BST (3pm NYC time) today. Rumor mill is churning that today's 70th anniversary would make for a good time to unveil the new Defender...we'll see.

Mine got a fresh oil change, wash and polish this weekend. How about yours?

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they will have the original land rover all refurbed...it would be a missed opportunity if they don't at least unveil something about the new defender.

Pfunk951

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine got a smack in the fender from the mother-in-law while I was on vacation..! :mad: More on that in another thread..

Hoping to see the new Defender today, fingers crossed..

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've kept up with the rumors on this thing about as much as I reasonably can. This rendering is probably about as close to "that's probably what it's going to look like" as I've seen:

defender_0.jpg

More or less looks like a DC100 with the updated headlight signature, with a few design changes here and there to make it fall in line with the rest of the brand (which all pretty much looks the same).

One item of recent concern is an article I read that quoted LR designers after the unveil of the new G-Wagon. It seemed they were scoffing about the redesign and how it did not change much, and how they wish they could unveil the new Defender at that same time.

If that means what I think it means, it may be a hard pass for me. Time will tell, though, and I'll keep my mind open. One thing that will tell me how serious LR wants to be with this is whether it comes with 18" or smaller wheels. If they stick with the 19" wheels, you can tell where their heart truly lies.

to8nbeyond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fingers crossed. The outlines they drew in the sand and snow seem promising at least. The concept from ryanjl isn't terribly inspired.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9