Yet another AT tire ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zbysiu23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
During my Jeep days I would always put the BFG's for my off and on roading...
They are excellent tires and proved to be superior to others on the trail...
The first to get the side puncture were of course the Wranglers , Generals held good yet we had seen quite few of those being changed... I have never seen BFG gone flat when offroading, mine had cuts bruises dings what have you, trail proven best all terrain tires.. you pay for it though...General is an excellent money saving alternative BFG is simply superior .

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I highly condone Tread Lightly! and BFG's support of the program, they do not contribute 'millions', they give a few thousand to local clubs near their sponsored trails when they do an event..

I may have been unclear, I am not stating BFG gives millions to TreadLightly (they are only Bronze members currently). However, overall with all the SCORE race promotion, WEROCK, and countless other motorized off road sporting events, plus club support, plus independant expedition support for small non-profit groups, they absolutely give millions of dollars each year to the off road community.

Continental (General's parent company) has given 's of thousands to hurricane and tsunami victims, and has started a new program to offset carbon output with "eco-friendly" line of tires.

Okay, this is a deal breaker for me. I cannot continue this conversation with someone that thinks giving Al Gore money in carbon offsets is a good idea.

I'm out. Buy what you want, anything is better than the stock tire.

nwpianist

Reaction score
nwoods said:
I cannot continue this conversation with someone that thinks giving Al Gore money in carbon offsets is a good idea..

I did not mean to insinuate support for carbon offsetting, I drive a land rover I clearly don't care about my carbon footprint. I was just saying that all companies have gimmics to improve their pr, but all it is is advertising. Every tire company donates large dollars to car clubs and racing, and it shouldn't be a deciding factor when purchasing tires.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM