Yet Another Tow Hitch Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would you post up some pictures of this, mounted and unmounted. I've been in touch with the Mitch hitch folks, it might be a long expensive exercise to get things going.

What were the costs?

pvangura

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tlt,

We've really just gotten started on it, and its not an urgent thing for me (since LR sent me a shiny new hitch adapter), so it may be a little while before its complete. As of now, the bushing has been machined and the "bracket" that fastens it to the recovery loop has been fabricated...that's it. I need to get back down to the shop and put some more time into this, but I'm planning for the UP Overland Challenge next month and trying to construct a storage system/fridge slide for the cargo area of the LR3 before that...too many projects :stupid:.

As for costs, I have no idea. When I spoke to my cousin about fabricating something, I mentioned the prices of both the factory hitch (~$500) and the Mitch Hitch (~$650). He said they are both insanely overpriced, and that anything we could possibly come up with would be nowhere near them in price. This could be completely based on the fact that we are related, however. That said, we didn't discuss anything specific. Side note, I also mentioned front bumper prices and he looked at me like I was crazy for considering a $1250 bumper to be reasonably priced, so maybe I'll make one of those next!

Paul

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally came up with my own hitch design, and busy manufacturing it now. Very Nice..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi