Your thoughts on these LR4 rims/wheels?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About to pick up these takeoffs as an extra set for my snows, but the pictures show curb rashes and one of them is quite big (runs almost the length of a spoke). Should I be concerned about anything like possible bending caused by the rash or any balancing issues etc? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I would call that price for (4) rims in that condition a steal. I am very picky about stuff like this but that minor rash is going to be imperceptible once you put those rims into service. If you don't buy them I may get them. Even with shipping that's a good deal. I bought a replacement rim for my last LR4 from hubcapheavendotcom (goofy name but good inventory) and it was $239 for a single unit. Granted it was in pristine shape but make any reasonable adjustment to that pricing and then multiply x 4 and you'll have to agree.

Go for it!

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At that price if they hold air it's an absolute STEAL. Get them now before someone else does. I've had to replace three 20x9.5" wheels on my wife's RRS in the past two years (never had a flat tire or damaged a wheel before this car - now she apparently loves running into ****) and I've paid more than $250 for each individual wheel. I bought very nice reconditioned wheels the first two times for roughly $300 and $380 each, then the third hit I got her a used wheel with minor rash for $270. Those are a single-year 20" wheel though, so they are a bit more expensive than a common-year 19" like that. I'd still jump on it if it were anywhere near me, though.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it's a good price, but dubs sell for a lot more than 19's, based on what I've seen. I've seen good sets of four 19" wheels go in the $400 range. I bought one for a fullsize spare for $100.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it's a good price, but dubs sell for a lot more than 19's, based on what I've seen. I've seen good sets of four 19" wheels go in the $400 range. I bought one for a fullsize spare for $100.

True - odd, when you think about it. Nobody wants to buy a 19" wheel unless they NEED a 19" wheel. Seems like they'd be more expensive as singles because of that.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the rims equate to these specs?

4fgBMJj.png

https://i.imgur.com/4fgBMJj.png

manoftaste

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, didn't occur to me that I'd need an extra set of sensors :) And, I mean, damn! $170 and change for each sensor!!!! Is LRNA really outta there f*ing mind!? These jokers seriously really need to revisit the idea of "prestige brand".

Prestige brand does not mean only expensive, or 22 inch wheels, or what type of cow hide or wood trim level. Rather, it means: Quality, Reliability, Craftsmanship, Value, Innovation, and Engineering achievements, knowledgeable and "qualified" service staff. And currently, very unfortunately, all of these attributes are missing in some way or another from the current lineup of eggs on wheels.

Putting in my truck' year, model and trim, returns the following at TireRack site, how do you guys feel about these sensors from them? I called them this morning and they told me that they were manufactured by the same company as OEMs except that they don't have the LR written on them and that they should work:

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detai...r&autoModel=LR4&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=HSE

They told me that they were manufactured by Continental.

I put my trim into their system as an HSE, not lux cuz my lux had originally come with the 20 inch rims, and I had swapped them for the 19s form either an HSE or Base at the lot. I am assuming it would be the same sensor for all trim/rim versions.

And will I need an extra anything like valve stems or will the sensors have all I need? Also, is there any reprogramming required? I am leaving the spare as is.

Thanks.

Fozzy325

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, didn't occur to me that I'd need an extra set of sensors :) And, I mean, damn! $170 and change for each sensor!!!! Is LRNA really outta there f*ing mind!? These jokers seriously really need to revisit the idea of "prestige brand".

Prestige brand does not mean only expensive, or 22 inch wheels, or what type of cow hide or wood trim level. Rather, it means: Quality, Reliability, Craftsmanship, Value, Innovation, and Engineering achievements, knowledgeable and "qualified" service staff. And currently, very unfortunately, all of these attributes are missing in some way or another from the current lineup of eggs on wheels.

Putting in my truck' year, model and trim, returns the following at TireRack site, how do you guys feel about these sensors from them? I called them this morning and they told me that they were manufactured by the same company as OEMs except that they don't have the LR written on them and that they should work:

https://www.tirerack.com/tpms/detai...r&autoModel=LR4&autoYear=2016&autoModClar=HSE

They told me that they were manufactured by Continental.

I put my trim into their system as an HSE, not lux cuz my lux had originally come with the 20 inch rims, and I had swapped them for the 19s form either an HSE or Base at the lot. I am assuming it would be the same sensor for all trim/rim versions.

And will I need an extra anything like valve stems or will the sensors have all I need? Also, is there any reprogramming required? I am leaving the spare as is.

Thanks.
Go to Kaltire or fountain tire they have the sensors cheaper, and they are the same sensor. all it is in the GPU that the pressures get programed.

you can get a dig tool that you can reprogram them so when you air down you don't get the out of band or low tire pressure message

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72