Zu rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That warehouse, wherever it is in L.A. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... Looks like a prop from The Walking Dead.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as the Compomotive, I was quoted £197 per wheel and £197 for shipping of all 4 or 5 to Cambridge, MA.

That sounds about right, my total price for 5 was £1205.00 to Cali... Must have had a sucky exchange rate back in January.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That warehouse, wherever it is in L.A. doesn't exactly inspire confidence... Looks like a prop from The Walking Dead.
Have you seen it? Scratch that, I just took a look at the photo. It looks like a condemned shack. Yikes. Though, it does say that they will be opening a new shop in downtown LA. That confirms I want to go directly through Compomotive.

I am planning to order five wheels in the fall most likely - or maybe earlier. Then I have to think about tires :)

I am going to keep my current wheels and Coopers.

-David

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did any of you guys who ordered directly from the UK had to pay taxes or custom fees as the wheels arrived in the States?
If yes, about how much?
I'm going to visit my friends and family in France and I'm wondering if I could buy the Compos there (or quick flight to the UK) and not have to pay the VAT (about 20%) and ship them to myself... Maybe too much leg work
Thank you
Axel

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's actually from Australia. Check the exchange rate on the Aussie dollar. No extra impor fees that I remember.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Australia? Are we still talking about Compomotive wheels?

The price they quote is inclusive of freight and customs fees / duties. I got a duties and entry fees invoice in the mail from UPS shortly after receiving the wheels, but only for my files. Compomotive paid for those. The wheels also arrived very quickly, 2 days after they were shipped from their UK plant.

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are correct. Sorry, was confusing them with my LLAMS ;)

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Huh? Australia? Are we still talking about Compomotive wheels?

The price they quote is inclusive of freight and customs fees / duties. I got a duties and entry fees invoice in the mail from UPS shortly after receiving the wheels, but only for my files. Compomotive paid for those. The wheels also arrived very quickly, 2 days after they were shipped from their UK plant.

Thank you Umberto.
I know they have a reseller in Australia but I'll be going through Compomotive UK directly when I go for it.
Found a couple rims that are made here that work too...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM