Zu rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I know there are quite a few threads on wheels, tires and sizes but since even before I bought the truck, I've been looking at these Zu rims in 18x8 offset 36.

Here's a link for them:
http://www.lrparts.net/zu-rim-in-bl...-range-rover-sport-and-discovery-3-and-4.html

According to both Devon4x4 and LRparts they would fit without spacers...

What are your thoughts on this? Will they clear the brakes,calipers...?

All comments or suggestions are appreciated.

Axel

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 94

jjvd21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
18x8 with an 36eta should clear no problem. Stock wheel offset is 53 on 19" rims.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful because in Europe I think there is a base model diesel Disco 4 with smaller brakes than those we get here in North America. On Britpart's web site that wheel is specified for "Discovery 4 - 2.7ltr only", not sure what that means but if it fitted across the board they would not include that disclaimer in its description. May want to call or email them and double check. Price seems fair, although shipping to the US will probably make their cost very close to the Compomotives (and we know for sure those fit.)

Last edited:

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful because in Europe I think there is a base model diesel Disco 4 with smaller brakes than those we get here in North America. On Britpart's web site that wheel is specified for "Discovery 4 - 2.7ltr only", not sure what that means but if it fit across the board they would not include that disclaimer in its description. May want to call or email them and double check. Price seems fair, although shipping to the US will probably make their cost very close to the Compomotives (and we know for sure those fit.)

Hey Umberto,

I can't seem to find the e-mail from Compomotive, but roughly - how much was it for 5 wheels shipped to CA?

Thanks, David

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the exchange rate. Mine was 1600 with shipping to Florida.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Careful because in Europe I think there is a base model diesel Disco 4 with smaller brakes than those we get here in North America. On Britpart's web site that wheel is specified for "Discovery 4 - 2.7ltr only", not sure what that means but if it fitted across the board they would not include that disclaimer in its description. May want to call or email them and double check. Price seems fair, although shipping to the US will probably make their cost very close to the Compomotives (and we know for sure those fit.)

My Discovery 4 TDV6 came with the small calipers and standard 18" wheels like the ones on LR3s.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I am aware that Europe has diesel version with smaller brakes.
I have also seen the description mentioning that it will only fit the 2.7...
However both companies I contacted are telling me it will fit our trucks...
I would wait a little bit anyway but everybody has the Compo, it would be nice to have something a little different ;)
As far as the Compomotive, I was quoted £197 per wheel and £197 for shipping of all 4 or 5 to Cambridge, MA.
It would be interesting to keep an eye on the exchange rate...

David, why don't you simply get them through 15fiftytwo? They're in California and are the sole distributor of Compomotive in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72