floorboards soaked, and I mean SOAKED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys! I sure appreciate this message board and all the info on it. I hadn't even noticed the piece of foam behind the rubber boot! So I found the drain behind it. I THINK it's already been clipped. It was dark and I couldn't get a great look at it but the end cap looks and feels as though someone has clipped it. Here is a pic:

Does it look clipped?

Attachments

• 0602091143.jpg
    0602091143.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 233

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool....I wonder who the heck did THAT!?!?

I hope the Phantom Snipper also did the other drains!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi guys thanks for all that valuable info how to clip this tubes but my question is related to drying front passenger footwell.I would like to take out front passenger seat to gain access to larger area of completely soak carpet Do I need to disconnect battery before unplugging all wires and airbag that is hidden in the front seat? I just took out all second row seats as well because second row passenger carpet is also soaked as hell !!! and I mean gallons of water I had to drink two gin and tonics before I was able to slowly proceed with cleaning and drying and believe it or not my car spent almost a month in total at the stealer last year(while under warranty)to fix front passenger footwell leak.it was OK for a while until i discovered two leaks today while vacuuming interior.do you think that i should press dealer for free repair regarding last year fix since now out of warranty? or just try to rip the suffit and and unclog those tubes myself.I wonder if this is only drin tubes in front since passenger footwell is wet all the way up to cigarette lighter.Please advise!Thanks

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thorgal,

IMHO, you should press the issue with the dealer, just for good measure. Just be advised that typical warranty on dealer repair is 12 mo/ 12,000 miles or end of factory warranty period which ever comes first.

I'm not sure disconnecting the battery would hurt anything, but leaving it connected is a risk I wouldn't want to take.

If your carpet is that badly soaked, it may need to be replaced depending on how long it's been like that. Mildew and mold is very hard to clean and disinfect, not too mention the horrible smell it leaves behind.

There are really only a couple of places the truck will leak inside. The sunroof drains up front, the ones in the rear or the air conditioner drains, although I doubt the a.c is putting out that much water, my guess is your sunroof drains are either clogged, disconnected or pinched off (like mine were). My dealer tried to tell me that my cowl was leaking so I humored them by letting them seal it. I got the truck back the next day. It sat over night in a rain storm and was soaked by morning. So I dropped the headliner and did all the trouble shooting myself to discover that the rear sunroof drains had been pinched off due to ****-poor installation.

After fixing the problems and letting the carpet dry I've not had the problem since (fingers crossed).

Good luck!

nova lr3

Reaction score
Son of a *****, this just happened to me as well! I am so sick of the problems I've had with this POS. I vacuumed out a boatload of water yesterday and took it into the dealer today. Of course it's out of warranty and this is considered a "maintenance" issue. This is so obviously a documented design flaw - Land Rover should definitely cover every cent of this. Should we band together and file a class action suit? File mass complaints? How can they be so damn callous about this? Never ever again will I buy a Land Rover.

trm2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did it come out through the vent? Check to see if your pollen filter is wet, if so it could be coming from there. The windshield cowl would be leaking? My service tech says 99% of all interior leaks on LR3 are due to sunroof drains.

Just to update ppl, it was the windshield cowl.

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...after two gin and tonics ,off to taking down panels and headliner I went. Rubber lines on both ends were actually clean I flashed them with some air and water and they appeared to work properly put everything back together very carefully, since the air bags are located in the headliner, wondering if this catastrophe was due to simple overfilling the channels during big rainstorm on Sunday night and living my truck on uphill driveway? Could that possibly the cause of internal flooding? I have noticed that front end was already clipped by dealer from last years attempt to fix it .It was fine for a couple of months and suddenly reappeared last Monday morning after routine interior check-up and vacuuming ...strange...I begun to fear to live my car outside but I will have to face a test eventually and see if it still pours inside .. or ..not .By the way where are the AC drains located? Also discovered something strange below rubber boot if you look below it ,what do you see? I happened to have piece of foam wrapped in plastic bag is this normal? I will post a picture only when someone tell me how to upload one,siriously take the rubber boot out and look below.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM