‘14-16 LR4 Transmission Software Reflash??

What would you change most about your LR4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t experience the rough idle and idle fluctuation almost everyone I know with the V6 has? It’s the worst idling engine I’ve encountered in recent years. It tries to idle at 600rpm, but it fluctuates down into the 500s and starts shaking like a leaf.

Maybe it’s an early production issue. Mine is a 14, so 15-16s may be better.
I experienced a rough idle similar to that and about a week later I took it to the dealership (it was still under warranty) --- they changed the o2 sensors and went back to normal. Other than that, no.

StoneTrader

Reaction score
The SCV6 is kinda underpowered. Try adding a RaceChip mod to get the car from 335/340HP to 405HP. Will dramatically improve mid range power and gets through my gears faster.

Strizzo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine only has a rough idle when the start stop kicks in and it restarts before the light changes.

I haven't driven a v8 lr4 yet but have loved the amount of power from the scv6, as well as the 8 speed. coming from a 5spd auto nissan xterra (plus a pile of extra weight in armor), I really appreciate the torque of the scv6, and the almost always locked converter of the 8 speed trans. I do find that under spirited acceleration it shifts like a manual, but I feel like that is more to preserve the drivetrain. I also wished a bit that this motor was turbo rather than sc, but i don't think the super low rpm (1,100-1,200rpm) converter lockup would be as effective with a turbo, since the turbos wouldn't be spooled that low, and if they were, they would be well out of steam by 7k, and I think the gearing is well suited to the supercharged v6's powerband.

Once the supercharger damper needs replacing, I'm considering getting a rebuilt snout with the smaller pulley for a little power bump as well. power starts coming in around 2k now, which is around 70 in 8th, and it would be nice to have a bit more torque from about 65 on up in 8th

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM