16.5MY LR4 Rock Slider Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xavier4or

Reaction score
Woohoo! I just picked up my LR4 on Wednesday and have been looking at which rock slider I should swap out for the running boards.

I have been flipping thru the LR4 accessories discussion - but wondering if folks can recommend any LR4 rock sliders?

Thanks! --Clay

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Voyager sliders on mine. With the step. We really liked them. I have heard that the paint will eventually begin to chip off and I was seeing some of that. But, heck, they are rock sliders and I was driving over a LOT of gravel and broken rock. ;-)

xavier4or

Reaction score
Thanks Dan. Do you have any pictures that you can post? The pics off of their website are minimal...

Did you consider the Tactical Rovers rock sliders? I like the square look - but not sure if these will bolt on directly to my LR4.

xavier4or

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there are any running board install "differences" between 2015 and 2016? Or between 2016 HSE and 2016.5MY Landmark?

I am leaning towards the rock sliders from Tactical Rovers:
http://www.tacticalrovers.com/Products.html#

But thought it would be good to double-check before I order. :)

(From Tactical 4x4 LLC)
To the best of my knowledge Land Rover didn't make any changes to the 2016 from 2015. Not sure about the special model though. We have installed our sliders on a 2016 HSE with no issues.

The only modification is to the front corner plastic that wraps under the rocker panel just behind the wheel. It must be trimmed and replaced.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Tactical 4x4 sliders. They are fantastic protection - but heavy. About 250-300 lbs heavy. So, that's a commitment. Your fuel economy and handling will suffer, and your noise level inside the cabin will likely increase a bit from the "*****" compressor. If you wheel a lot, and your off-roading involves quite a bit of rock gardens and/or rocky mountain trails, the Tactical sliders with nerf bars are invaluable and will pay for themselves the very first time you crash over a boulder. ;) You will gladly put up with the small trade-offs when you are on the road. If you want sills protection from lighter duty trails where risk of damage is not that great - or you don't rock crawl very much - a lighter and less expensive choice such as the Voyagers would make more sense.

Plus, I honestly don't know if the Tactical sliders I have on my 2013 would fit a 2016. If I had to guess I'd say they would, but with the changes they made to accommodate those factory running boards you should probably check with Tactical 4x4 (if they even know themselves.)

PS: Oops, I missed your reply above. Sounds like I guessed correctly...

danrhiggins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As Umberto states, the T44 sliders offer more protection as the extend further underneath the frame and add protection for the compressor. Naturally they are heavier, etc. I went with the Voyagers because they, too, attach to the frame (11 bolts on each side) and will support the weight of the LR4 on a boulder (there is a customer pic of this on their website). They also can be used with a high lift jack (pic on their website of a guy changing his tire using a high lift on his Voyager sliders. I got the ones with the nerf bars. They are round on the Voyagers so I put some grip tape on them. They definitely stick out far enough to provide a solid (and useful) step. But I don't think they stick as far out as the running boards.

xavier4or

Reaction score
Are the T44 sliders similar to Rovertym rock sliders? (The pictures look pretty similar...)

On my '03 Disco I have the Rovertym rock sliders and really like the look-n-feel plus functionality.

Rovertym / RTE Rock Sliders with Square Nerf Bars:
http://www.rte-fab.com/products?pag...Mazing_zoom1.tpl&product_id=99&category_id=47

Slider_2.JPG

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM