18" wheels, besides compomotive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
There is also this 18" white unicorn of a wheel (I have yet to see one in the wild here in North America, but there are photos on their web site, so it must exist...) by Mudtech 4x4 in Italy:

http://www.mudtech4x4.com/en/18-wheels-discovery-4/
Great find and they look awesome.

They do however work on some LR4 tdi builds in ROW builds. From what I've studied, even in TDI builds, the latest LR4 with newer tdi have brakes too big for 17" whereas earlier San use 17"....like I just installed ;)
I like the 17" option too. I'll ask you later when my 19" duratracs is ready to be replaced. :)

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also this 18" white unicorn of a wheel (I have yet to see one in the wild here in North America, but there are photos on their web site, so it must exist...) by Mudtech 4x4 in Italy:

http://www.mudtech4x4.com/en/18-wheels-discovery-4/

I've heard the same, but when searching it seems to fit the LR4 with smaller brakes. In NA I was told by MudTech that they will not fit without spacers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jwest

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard the same, but when searching it seems to fit the LR4 with smaller brakes. In NA I was told by MudTech that they will not fit without spacers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

But I thought they told me there are or were two different 18" designs they had and one would actually fit - oh, maybe not the lr4 v8 though. It would fit my LR3.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But I thought they told me there are or were two different 18" designs they had and one would actually fit - oh, maybe not the lr4 v8 though. It would fit my LR3.

The North American V8 LR4 has much larger brakes than the LR4 with the diesel options.
Most of the wheels found over seas, with the exception of the Compomotives, were originally designed around the diesels LR4
There are a few 18" steel wheel options now. The Tuffant ones are still in a hypothetical stage, they do not even have any prototypes done yet.

mrezo

Reaction score
The North American V8 LR4 has much larger brakes than the LR4 with the diesel options.
Most of the wheels found over seas, with the exception of the Compomotives, were originally designed around the diesels LR4
There are a few 18" steel wheel options now. The Tuffant ones are still in a hypothetical stage, they do not even have any prototypes done yet.

@jaguardoc504 Here's a new Youtube video of the Tuffant wheels in action. They seem to have them for sale on their site too

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tuffant wheels are for sale now on their website. Their FAQ page says they are in the process of setting up distribution in the USA.

https://www.tuffant.com/faq

A set of 5 looks to be about $932 USD, plus shipping.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72