2 week old, blue screen already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Count,
I actually reread my original post again and it does sound quite emotional.
That was 2 weeks into ownership and I went against my wife's choice. she didn't want the LR4 because of all the perceived reliability problems and then it happened to us in the first 2 weeks. So yes, I was quite disappointed.

Now after 6k miles, I am quite happy with my decision.

:)

I have to tell you, the LR4 in my opinion is extremely reliable. Almost too reliable. Very non-LR if you ask me. I feared this too when I jumped from BMW to LR. But my time of ownership with the LR has been extremely good. Sure, weird things here and there. But nothing as weird as half the stuff that would happen to my BMWs of past. Like stalls (high pressure fuel pumps) failing at highway speeds that literally shut the car down at 80 mph and almost caused a major rear-end catastrophe. The US government got involved and made BMW recall ALL turbo cars… but of course, you don’t read this because BMW has a massive PR force. Think of BMW like Bank of America, or the current administration, they HIDE the truth. (sorry, I’m going way off topic…)

Anyway, for fun, I cruise (troll) other car forums and cannot believe half the stuff I read.

Take the new X3 by BMW for example. Broken tailgates... gaps between the doors do not match, mis-matched mirrors, engine noises, clunking in the steering, I mean, the list goes on... and I just laugh to myself... because LR used to be that maker, now LR is seems better set than even the best.

Anyway, it was just in good fun and I hope I didn't offend you. And you made the right choice IMO... the LR4 is really an amazing truck. As for the cameras... I think they tried too hard with something that is just too new... and it's really dinging them.

Last edited:

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:)

I have to tell you, the LR4 in my opinion is extremely reliable. Almost too reliable. Very non-LR if you ask me. I feared this too when I jumped from BMW to LR. But my time of ownership with the LR has been extremely good. Sure, weird things here and there. But nothing as weird as half the stuff that would happen to my BMWs of past. Like stalls (high pressure fuel pumps) failing at highway speeds that literally shut the car down at 80 mph and almost caused a major rear-end catastrophe. The US government got involved and made BMW recall ALL turbo cars… but of course, you don’t read this because BMW has a massive PR force. Think of BMW like Bank of America, or the current administration, they HIDE the truth. (sorry, I’m going way off topic…)

Anyway, for fun, I cruise (troll) other car forums and cannot believe half the stuff I read.

Take the new X3 by BMW for example. Broken tailgates... gaps between the doors do not match, mis-matched mirrors, engine noises, clunking in the steering, I mean, the list goes on... and I just laugh to myself... because LR used to be that maker, now LR is seems better set than even the best.

Anyway, it was just in good fun and I hope I didn't offend you. And you made the right choice IMO... the LR4 is really an amazing truck. As for the cameras... I think they tried too hard with something that is just too new... and it's really dinging them.

I know what you are saying about Bimmers. My other car is a 2006 330. It did have quite a few issues in the first year or two. Even till today there is a noise issue that they could not resolve and I had to stick a piece of cardboard to fix it!

:cool:

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everyone is crazy here, which is much better than being boring....

OTH, Range Rover guys are as dead as a door nail. I bet half of those who strut their stuff in a $100k RR don't ever turn the interwebz on

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OTH, Range Rover guys are as dead as a door nail. I bet half of those who strut their stuff in a $100k RR don't ever turn the interwebz on

Hehe... I know that I'm crazy. That's ok.

Thank goodness we have so many awesome members on this forum.

Check out the LR3 owners, they are twice as crazy as us. Wait till they start trading in their LR3s for LR4s and start the madness here :)

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Discovery / LR4 folks tend to be a bit different than the RR folks! :) Hehe!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehe... I know that I'm crazy. That's ok.

Thank goodness we have so many awesome members on this forum.

Check out the LR3 owners, they are twice as crazy as us. Wait till they start trading in their LR3s for LR4s and start the madness here :)
I love that you admitted that you are crazy because I admit that I am crazy almost everyday! LOL! I definitely appreciate all of the great members we have on the LR4 discussion group. I must admit, I would have never known that I wanted to change the lights, etc. unless I was a member of this forum.

socalrovershop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so if you guys are still intrested on the real issue of the topic, land rover as of right now ill replaced the harnesses with the affected cameras . at productions these harnesses were being kinked or had shap bends causing signal to cut out. this system is very delicate . so as of now only harness cameras or modules. THE REAL FIX IS COMING OUT SOON. wich is inline small amplifiers that are put inline the harness to amp the signal to and from the module. Still in production but there is a list growing for people needing these amps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635