2 week old, blue screen already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All!
2 week old LR4 - today one of the cameras showed blue screen. Restarted the car and it was gone!
My heart sank and I got that bad feeling! I hope this is not a sign of things to come!
Am I going to be plagued by these camera issues now? Or it doesn't say much.

It is quite amazing that they continue to sell these cars with this problem and then have to pay for labor to fix it in the field.

Franky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't feel bad, I dropped of mine @ the dealer Tues. night, (for other issues)and they will need it till atleast Monday. Oh well, what are you going to do. I'm suprised that this problem hasent been corrected though. About 8 months after the LR4 was released, the salesman said it would be wise to stay away from the surround vision. This problem has been around long enough not to have been corrected.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

My camera issue started out fairly slow. I had one camera that would go blue maybe once a week. Then a second one and finally, I had seen all the cameras blue at one time.

Once the overlay is in place, I doubt there will ever be a problem again.

Rob

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have started getting blue screen all the time now on my left bumper camera. The right rear view mirror camera is intermittent.

Now the question is, if I take it to the dealership, will they fix it for all cameras or will they ************ again and again as each of them fails?

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All!
2 week old LR4 - today one of the cameras showed blue screen. Restarted the car and it was gone!
My heart sank and I got that bad feeling! I hope this is not a sign of things to come!
Am I going to be plagued by these camera issues now? Or it doesn't say much.

It is quite amazing that they continue to sell these cars with this problem and then have to pay for labor to fix it in the field.

OMG, you got blue screen! It must mean your truck will blow up next!!!

Really, just take it into the dealer. It's under warranty. Also, this is a new tech for all car manufacturers, not just LR, and they are all struggling with it.

LR will take care of you. Don't freak.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG, you got blue screen! It must mean your truck will blow up next!!!

Really, just take it into the dealer. It's under warranty. Also, this is a new tech for all car manufacturers, not just LR, and they are all struggling with it.

LR will take care of you. Don't freak.

:stupid::stupid:

See the question that I asked before hitting post - will ya? Or is this forum just getting infected with the crazies?

People have posted that eventually all cameras bluescreen. The question was; will they replace the wire harness on all cameras even if one/two of them are failing.

uhur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I have started getting blue screen all the time now on my left bumper camera. The right rear view mirror camera is intermittent.

Now the question is, if I take it to the dealership, will they fix it for all cameras or will they ************ again and again as each of them fails?

The answer to your question is they will make you come again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again

...and then your truck will blow up and the world will end

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The answer to your question is they will make you come again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again

...and then your truck will blow up and the world will end

:bootyshak

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:stupid::stupid:

See the question that I asked before hitting post - will ya? Or is this forum just getting infected with the crazies?

People have posted that eventually all cameras bluescreen. The question was; will they replace the wire harness on all cameras even if one/two of them are failing.

I was reacting to your shear panic post, which could be construed as craziness btw. It's just a car! Really. :argh:

And likely they will string up new fiber optics… but that won’t necessarily mean it won’t happen again.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was reacting to your shear panic post, which could be construed as craziness btw. It's just a car! Really. :argh:

And likely they will string up new fiber optics… but that won’t necessarily mean it won’t happen again.

Hey Count,
I actually reread my original post again and it does sound quite emotional.
That was 2 weeks into ownership and I went against my wife's choice. she didn't want the LR4 because of all the perceived reliability problems and then it happened to us in the first 2 weeks. So yes, I was quite disappointed.

Now after 6k miles, I am quite happy with my decision.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635