2001 disco 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjoe

Reaction score
starts up runs short time stalls out while driving, wait 30-40 min it will restart! Y? please help

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
How many miles? Last tune up? (plugs, wires, air filter - what type filter)
Any check engine codes? If so what are they?

dz5bxm

Reaction score
I had a CTS that did the same thing and it was the crank sensor. The sensor was aged and once it got hot the signal degraded and the ECM no longer had a pulse to coordinate ignition with. The worst part was there was no engine code thrown. The ECM simply thought the engine stopped turning. It was easy fix - certainly the Rover V8 is different but pretty much all modern ECMs work with same basic foundation. If you have a scanner that can read crank position sensor feedback just have someone watch it while you drive - you'll see the signal break up, once hot.

lighting

Reaction score
I know is a late post but in your case it could be two possible causes, fuel pump is worn out, heats up and safely shuts itself off or a defective CPS. Crank positiom sensor will be my first "guess".

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ngomac