2001 DiscoII Engine Flush Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

monomania

Reaction score
I don't want to relive the details anymore but a knowledgiable hillbilly mechanic
intentionally sabotaged my Discovery 2.

I mean I'm not being pariniod he bragged about it. when I finally got it back in my possession.

The seats were cut and tires slashed. The car smells like cat **** and the battery has been swapped with an old non compliant battery.

More importantly I noticed the he removed some fuses. From what I can tell the fan control fuses are missing.

I would assume his intentions are to over heat and seize the engine since he also removed the hose that goes into the water pump and drained the coolant.

I know - I know don't try and start it. even though he already did.

I have to start cleaning this mess up. I mean I don't even know what he did thats just the obvious stuff.

I'm going to go ahead and assume that there is stuff that has been poured into the oil and fuel. Probably the radiator also.

Where should I start and what kind of flush products should I use?

Bastard said my rover was girlie like putting grapes in chicken salad only ****** and people from California do that. I wish this wasn't a true story. I am laughing a little cause he was a bastard redneck that completely fcuked my rover up, but thats actually kinda funny.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with a lawyer sadly... since if it had happened to my rover I would need one to get out of jail after forgetting where I buried the body of sad redneck.

Sadly if he did all this and started the engine let alone what he may have done to the transmission... you could be out way more than the rover is worth even trying to sort out the issues.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This could be a really long reply, that being said, if you are mechanical enough and can follow some directions, PM me your number and lets talk about where to start.

monomania

Reaction score
Oh actually there you are Mike awesome thanks for getting on this thread. I will definitely send you my info thanks. Joe Thanks man and believe me I felt the same way but when all is said and done I'm a christian and I'm not lowering myself to violence over a car. I really don't understand what drove to this man to act this way. He wanted 900 bucks to replace the water pump and some plate that he could not fully explain what it was or show me on the vehicle. Not only did I not feel that he was a rover guy but I thought that kind of pricey. He just went in a rage of anti Semitic homophobic ranting, Which I didn't understand because I'm not jewish and there is car seats in the back. I wanted to pay for the diagnostic and remove the car but he wouldn't take my card so went to atm and when i returned the disco was moved into a garage and he said he was closed. I called police and they said i would have to come back tomorrow. I got it the next day with a police ****** and it was jacked they even slashed the seats. police said it was a civil matter and i had to prove it wasn't like that before i brought it in. They suggested i cut my losses and take the vehicle off his property. honestly worst car experience so far in my life. I had already sunk a lot of $ in getting the disco's heads worked on by a real land rover tech, just got the suspension and brakes done. dropped 4g's on that, I bought it for 5- so thats 9
on a 2001 with this dam 3.9 v8 thats probably got liner slip. I'm not exactly sure why I love these things so much LOL. Anyway thank you guys so much for responding.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM