2006 LR3 Dash Kit for Pioneer AV Receiver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carousels

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2006 LR3 and was trying to do some modifications to allow music to be played from my iPhone 4. I've got the basic V6 model. The head unit has an AUX button on the front but there isn't a single place for me to be able to connect an AUX cable to my iPhone. Not even after I pulled the whole thing out to inspect. I'm wondering if there is a Dash Kit available for my year and model so I can install a Pioneer AV Receiver in place of the stock head unit?

I've been looking at this one. http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22419_Pioneer-AVH-P4200DVD.html#tabs Which is a Double Din and should fit just fine, but there will definitely be quite a bit of space on the sides after installing it.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Would the better option be to install this receiver in place of where the Nav system normally would be installed on the LR3? I think I've seen people do that one here and not touch the stock head unit.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I've got a 2006 LR3 and was trying to do some modifications to allow music to be played from my iPhone 4. I've got the basic V6 model. The head unit has an AUX button on the front but there isn't a single place for me to be able to connect an AUX cable to my iPhone. Not even after I pulled the whole thing out to inspect. I'm wondering if there is a Dash Kit available for my year and model so I can install a Pioneer AV Receiver in place of the stock head unit?
/QUOTE]

The aux connection is behind the center consol under the door. I believe they all have them but have heard that some are not hooked up. The volume is low so u may want a small amp. There have been other threads on this topic.

Carousels

Reaction score
Oh perfect! Thanks jager24! :) That's exactly what I needed.

But I've also seen people install a new head unit at the top of the console where the Nav system normally would be. Is this possibly a better option or just all personal preference?

joecool50: I can't seem to figure out where "behind the center console under the door" is. I've taken my whole system apart and haven't found any connections or "flip up panels", as I've seen others mention on here.

joecool509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
joecool50: I can't seem to figure out where "behind the center console under the door" is. I've taken my whole system apart and haven't found any connections or "flip up panels" said:
I don't know how familiar you are with the vehicle and if I am telling you something you already know, then I take it back. I have had an 05 and an 07 and they both had an Aux connection pictured below. no necessarily with the RCA but with mini-stereo 3.5mm. Attached is the view from the read center seat.
aux connection.JPG

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI - that particular shot is showing A/V inputs. Almost ALL other LR3 have an 1/8" headphone jack input for audio only. That panel is between the front row and 2nd row of seats. I needed a Audiocontrol overdrive amp to get the volume from iPhone loud enough - these are occasionally available on ebay for $50. Good luck!

allodial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have the same model I do. They didnt come with the 1/8 input jack, Its a rare model... I went through battles with the dealer back in 2007 to get an Ipod dock put in... this is the only way to do it unless you swap out the whole head unit... which id avoid... just get the ipod dock put in, its made by LR parts... the dealer put this in for me.

CIMG0299.jpg

CIMG0300.jpg

Heres info on what I did before the parts came in as well:
http://forums.landroverworld.org/showthread.php?t=5095&highlight=ipod+dock

Oh perfect! Thanks jager24! :) That's exactly what I needed.

But I've also seen people install a new head unit at the top of the console where the Nav system normally would be. Is this possibly a better option or just all personal preference?

joecool50: I can't seem to figure out where "behind the center console under the door" is. I've taken my whole system apart and haven't found any connections or "flip up panels", as I've seen others mention on here.

kingfishgrapeja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pull your stock unit out, you may have inputs on the back of it that you can tap into. Do you have an AUX option on the stock unit?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ur able to tap into wires in the foot panel for ur aux and hardwire it. I am also one who installed the aftermarket unit where the naviation would go. I chose this route because i can control my iphone/ipod (which sits in my console) from the unit, it has a better navigation, and also plays videos. I can also vouch for the audiocontrol overdrive, as I bought it from morris lol..its worth it, forget the cheap lil things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635