2010/2011 LR4 Android "Integration" Idea for Streaming music with Android

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While I'm 100% happy with my Kinivo BT setup, I'd be interested in learning more about this adapter you mentioned...

I'm curious how this works.
Are you just plugging the USB adapter into the port and it works?
This would be a much cleaner system than my current one...

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how this works.
Are you just plugging the USB adapter into the port and it works?
This would be a much cleaner system than my current one...

If you're asking about the Kinivo, it's a single master controller button that attaches via adhesive to the dash. I have mine positioned near the Start button and it blends right in. A very thin wire is then fished into dash/console seams and to the back of the center console. One tip goes into the power port and the other tip goes into the AUX port. After initial pairing with my phone, connection to my phone happens automagically every time I open the door and the power port comes to life.

That is actually the only minor complaint I have-- when I'm working out in the garage I usually have music playing from my phone to a portable BT speaker. If I open the Landy's door, the Kinivo grabs the connection. The upside is that 99% of the time I want that to happen so I can't fault the device for being tenacious. Hope that answered the question.

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a thought (an extension). Better yet, if they made an adapter cable that was 30-pin female on one end and Android-friendly on the other end, maybe you could skip the iPod Touch. However, I have heard that the proprietary cable can be finicky even with Apple devices so it might be a waste of time and $$.

I hear you about the fun of little ones in the car. Mine are both in college now but some of the damage they inflicted on past vehicles was incredible. Laugh and enjoy these fleeting days!

Also neglected to give you props on the sweet Disco!

I've used this for a time being as well
Amazon.com: Black 30Pin Female To Micro Usb 5P Data Charge Adapter Cable 10Cm for iPad iPhone: Computers & Accessories@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31STZ0%2BghoL.@@AMEPARAM@@31STZ0%2BghoL

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're asking about the Kinivo, it's a single master controller button that attaches via adhesive to the dash. I have mine positioned near the Start button and it blends right in. A very thin wire is then fished into dash/console seams and to the back of the center console. One tip goes into the power port and the other tip goes into the AUX port. After initial pairing with my phone, connection to my phone happens automagically every time I open the door and the power port comes to life.

That is actually the only minor complaint I have-- when I'm working out in the garage I usually have music playing from my phone to a portable BT speaker. If I open the Landy's door, the Kinivo grabs the connection. The upside is that 99% of the time I want that to happen so I can't fault the device for being tenacious. Hope that answered the question.

I do wonder is using a BT USB Dongle would work...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635