2010 LR4 Glove Box Area Plastic Creaking or Clicking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ougrad1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When accelerating, my front center speaker on the front dash vibrates; it dissapears for a second or two when the car up shifts, then starts again while accelerating into the next gear. Just started when it got cold outdoors. Anyone else with same????

I've got the same thing. I'm not too worried though as I'm getting my old stereo system put in this LR4 so I doubt I'll be hearing it anymore :wink:

ByGuile

Reaction score
It is -15C here and the Lr4 is a quiet as a monk in a vow of silence. No sqeeks, rattles or anything.
30,000KM on it, BTW

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is -15C here and the Lr4 is a quiet as a monk in a vow of silence. No sqeeks, rattles or anything.
30,000KM on it, BTW

Oh Lord, you are so lucky indeed! :)

Overall, my LR is very quiet - luckily, no rattles. But I still do have that little intermittent crackle sound coming from the glove box though. My Velcro finally failed... it worked for about two-days then the noise came back. I will find it, I will!

spizzi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, the dome light behind my head has a rattle in it, which drives me nuts. Have foam, silicone grease, gasket material, you name it shoved in the headliner around and behind the light/switch assembly to no avail. Any clue to this would be appreciated too.

Just to add to this thread (albeit, years later), my 2nd row dome light starting rattling really really loud even over smooth pavement. Got progressively worse at about 800 miles on the odo. Also tried a simple fix with mini felt pads. Didn't work.

Dealership ended up "adjusting the clips" of the light/plastic housing itself. Voila, fixed.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9