2010 LR4 - L319 with persistent P0018-00 (28) trouble code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdgiles

Reaction score
I have a 2010 LR4 that is throwing a P0018-00 trouble code:
P0018-00 (28) Crankshaft position - camshaft position correlation - bank 2, sensor 1
At first it had a warning on the dash about reduced performance and the engine was pretty rough. That day the weather was colder. Now the weather has warmed to ~70 F most days and the dashboard message is gone, but the trouble code remains. I have cleared all codes with a GAP tool and replaced both camshaft position sensors on the (US) driver's side of the engine. Is the crankshaft position sensor pair next or am I dealing with a potential timing chain issue...??

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d say there’s a good chance this is a timing chain issue, since it’s a known issue on this engine and you’ve already ruled out the camshaft position sensor. If the crankshaft position sensor goes bad, I would expect position correlation errors on both banks, not just one. I think there’s only one crankshaft position sensor that correlates to both cams.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like timing chain slack or even scarier, skipped timing. Best way to find out is to get both valve covers and timing covers off - check the position of the camshafts with the engine at TDC and check for slack in the timing chain.

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same code for a day during extremely cold weather. My chains sound good? It idles pretty quietly. It went away the next day and its been a few months since. I honestly barely drive it though cause of that issue until i get my chains done. It must’ve skipped timing ever so slightly where it runs, but its definitely something chain related.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA