2010 LR4 Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zdas04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't dis' the ice box. I put my lunch in mine most days. It is a useful feature for me (I agree that it migh not be the most universal of options).

David

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to fit 18" rims on one? O would think it would have the same breakes as the current RRS and I thought 18s fit on that. I was thinking they removed the 18" option one less wheel to make in this economy.

The current LR3 has the same brakes of the 2009 RRS (the HSE trim, the Supercharged has larger Brembos in front.) For MY2010, both LR4 and RRS will get larger brakes... All indications - by reading press releases and specs - are there that 18s won't fit anymore and 19s will be the smallest rims available, although I guess nobody has physically tried 18s on yet, I sure hope I am wrong. I think there will be a base LR4 Diesel model still available in Europe that will be fitted with current (2009) brakes, just like there is a LR3 over there that can take 17" rims right now... But we won't get that version across the pond. :hmpf:

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why they keep doing heading in this direction is soooo beyond me. Sooner or later, we'll all have the 22s that we love to mock so much!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2009 LR3 and RRS front disc brakes diameter: 13.3". LR4 and 2010 RRS diameter: 14.2". There's no way an extra inch of disc could fit inside my OEM 18" wheels, unless they managed to design a miraculous low profile caliper around them.

A UK alloy wheels manufacturer, Compomotive, makes an 18" rim that is able to clear the front Brembo discs and calipers of the outgoing RRS S/C (also 14.2" in diameter...) It was originally designed for the Bowler Nemesis but a few RRS S/C owners suffessfully fitted them by simply flipping around the harmonic blocks on the Brembo calipers. It would be cool if those rims also fitted the new 2010 brakes, as they also look pretty cool and very tough. Here is a couple of photos of them on a S/C RRS:

Bowler2.jpg

Bowler3.jpg

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to the LR scene. Getting ready to either get a Lr3 09 or Lr4. It seems like they made alot of changes with the LR4 so my question is: Is the lr3 09 having the same issues as the earlier models or did LR make the necessary fixes? ie tire wear, leaky roofs..etc. Or, is the Lr4 the fix with all the changes.

I personally like the look of the LR3 better, but the Lr4 seems to have some compelling changes.

Thanks for any & all input in helping my decision process.

john

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 has been well sorted since 2006. A 2009 will be fine. The LR4 has significant mechanical and interior changes. Exterior changes are less noticeable, especially from a distance.

I've seen the 2010 LR4 and RRS in person. The new calipers are massive, not suprised that 18" won't fit around them.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LR3 has been well sorted since 2006. A 2009 will be fine. The LR4 has significant mechanical and interior changes. Exterior changes are less noticeable, especially from a distance.

I've seen the 2010 LR4 and RRS in person. The new calipers are massive, not suprised that 18" won't fit around them.
Thanks Jackmac: Has the ball joint and tire issue been sorted out for the later models? I can't find anything anywhere that says any changes were actually made?

Thanks

john

rova

Reaction score
Thanks for the follow-up. Does anyone have the invoice costs? Also, I didn't see any mention of the USB/iPod connectivity that was listed in the initial brochures for the LR4. Is this standard?

I was told by my dealer flat out there will be no discounts at all zero on an LR4 unless I wait till later in the model year. There is too much interest already in the LR4.

rova

Reaction score
LAND ROVER NORTH AMERICA ANNOUNCES U.S. PRICING FOR THE NEW 2010 LR4

MAHWAH, N.J., August 7, 2009 – Land Rover today announced pricing for the new 2010 LR4. This versatile SUV has a fresh design, improved
on-road handling and enhanced off-road dynamics. New features for 2010 include:
• A new powerful and efficient direct injection 5.0L LR-V8 engine with 375 bhp and 375 lb/ft torque
• All-new interior design
• Comprehensive chassis system developments delivering transformed on-road dynamics
• A new smooth-shifting 6-speed adaptive ZF transmission
• Updates to Land Rover’s award-winning Terrain ResponseTM system
• New optional front LED headlamps
• User-friendly new features include standard Gradient Release Control, Tow Assist, Keyless Entry, Push Button start, optional Automatic High Beam Assist and Surround Camera system

LR4 $48,100

All prices listed are Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Prices (MSRP) and include an $850 destination and delivery charge. Tax, title, registration fees not included.

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: MSRP ($)

HSE Package $3,650
 HSE exterior badge
 19-inch alloy wheels
 Front & rear park distance control (only rear PDC standard on base model)
 Cold Climate Package (heated front & rear seats + heated front windshield + heated washer jets + steering wheel)
 On/off road hard disc satellite navigation system, 7-inch color touch-screen and voice-activated features
 4x4 driver information center
 SIRIUS satellite radio
 Personal telephone integration system (Bluetooth connectivity)

HSE Package with 7 Seat Comfort Package $4,800

HSE Plus Package $4,760
 HSE Package
 Digital Radio (HD) and Satellite Digital Audio Receiver System (SDARS)
 Interior mood lighting
 Passive keyless entry
 Parking aid - rear camera

HSE Plus Package with 7 Seat Comfort Package $5,910

HSE LUX Package $9,565
 HSE Pack & 7 Seat Comfort Package
 Premium Leather Package- Premium leather with electronically adjustable bolsters, front, leather gear knob
 Bi-Xenon® headlamps with high beam assist
 Adaptive front-lighting system
 Center console cooler box with premium leather lid
 480-watt harman/kardon® Logic7® AM/FM single-disc in-dash CD changer with 14 speakers
 Memory driver package (driver seat + steering column + mirrors)

HSE LUX Plus Package $11,115
 HSE LUX Pack, 7 Seat Comfort Package & Heavy Duty Pack
 Surround camera system (includes 5 cameras)

7 Seat Comfort Package $1,150
 Second-row fold-flat seating
 Third-row, fold-flat, forward-facing seating
 Third-row side-curtain airbags
 Third-row map lights and accessory power outlet
 Rear luggage net and additional front cupholder
 Second-row A/C and heating controls regulating airflow
to the second-and third-row seats
 Two vents at second-row headliners
 Two vents at third-row C-pillar and one outlet at third-row lower level

Factory Installed Rear Seat Entertainment System $2,500
 Dual video display screens, six-disc DVD changer
 Wired headphones and remote control
 Input jacks for video games and MP3 players

Cold Climate Package $1,400
 Heated front windshield
 Heated front- and second-row seats (front seats with three heating levels, rear seats with two heating levels)
 Heated windshield washer jets
 Heated steering wheel

Heavy-Duty Package $750
 Active locking rear differential
 Full-size spare tire and alloy wheel

Individual Options
 Bluetooth® connectivity $400
 Santorini Black Metallic exterior paint $400
 Extended Global Paint Palette, optional colors $950
 Bournville Metallic
 Bali Blue
 Izmir Blue Metallic
 Lugano Teal Metallic
 All-new 20-inch alloy wheel 10-Split spoke design $2,500
 Grand Black Lacquer wood No Cost

Note: Prices are subject to change. Pricing and equipment on Canadian models may vary.

Source: http://us.medialandrover.com/php/news.php?news_id=435

So it seems to me that what I ordered LR4 HSE LUX Plus with RSE and 20" is a total of $64,215. Does that sound right? Whew!!! They didn't even really have pricing at the time, and the salesman wrote down $58,250 but... I don't have to take the care, the deposit is refundable if we can't make a deal.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds about right, but some of those extra accessories are way overpriced IMHO. I have the RSE system on my 2006 RRS, it's nicely integrated with the rest of the infotainment and worth every penny if you have kids riding in the back, but 5 years later you'd think that $2500 would at least buy you a couple of wireless headphones instead of cheap airplane wired ones. And $2500 for 20" wheels? I saw the pictures, they are nice rims but not THAT nice. If they would at least let you take home the stock 19"ers as winter / off-roading spares those 20s wouldn't feel like such a rip-off. :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM