2010 LR4 Pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rova

Reaction score
That sounds about right, but some of those extra accessories are way overpriced IMHO. I have the RSE system on my 2006 RRS, it's nicely integrated with the rest of the infotainment and worth every penny if you have kids riding in the back, but 5 years later you'd think that $2500 would at least buy you a couple of wireless headphones instead of cheap airplane wired ones. And $2500 for 20" wheels? I saw the pictures, they are nice rims but not THAT nice. If they would at least let you take home the stock 19"ers as winter / off-roading spares those 20s wouldn't feel like such a rip-off. :wink:

Wired headsets!!?? Wow I agree that don't sound like LR equipment. I could go with aftermarket 20's (more tire options) but I think I'd kinda prefer the factory look.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...And $2500 for 20" wheels? I saw the pictures, they are nice rims but not THAT nice. If they would at least let you take home the stock 19"ers as winter / off-roading spares those 20s wouldn't feel like such a rip-off. :wink:
...that's a good point, they get $2500 for the wheels, PLUS the cost of the factory 19"s that they don't have to put on! LOL

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first LR4 has arrived at the dealership near me. Will drive both the LR3 & LR4 to compare. At first glance, I like the LR3 look better, both the front and the rear. The inside of the LR4 looks more like the Range rover as does the front grill. i could do without both, so its just a matter of which rides better and do the "improvements" to the LR4 outweigh the looks issue for me.

Has anyone else driven the LR4 yet? Thoughts?

John

Last edited:

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lr3 vs Lr4 test drive.

Went to the Cherry hill NJ LR dealer this evening to test drive both vehicles. I had driven the LR 3 a while ago, but wanted to compare at the same time. I was 80% convinced I would be buying the 09 LR3 figuring i could get a better price and Interest rate. However, after driving the LR4 my mind was changed. The extra 375 horse power was much more robust than the LR3's 300 HP. Not even close. It has some balls. (please note, i've been driving a duramax diesel for 7 years, so frankly anything would feel like it has balls to me.)

The LR3 was the HSE Lux package. The LR4 was the HSE/7 seat package(no lux). Again, it was no competition, the LR4 was much more comfortable for both myself and g/f. I really couldn't believe the diference. The lr4 lux package must really be sweet.

I thought they both stopped the same, although as previously mentioned, the brake calipers on the LR4 are huge. Also had continetal tires/19".

The ride on the LR4 was nicer, still a truck, but clearly smoother than the LR3. Now whether thats a tire issue or suspension issue I dont know. It was also alot quieter in the cabin.

In person, the interior of the LR4 is VERY nice and set up well. So, i am changing my tune on that one, and viewing pictures. Its better organized, less buttons and the cup holders are ok where they put them IMO.

The exterior is a matter of taste, I still like the LR3 better.

I didn't use alot of the gadgets, my sales guy was busy, so he threw me the keys and off i went. In fact, he threw me the remote control....but i couldnt figure out how to start the truck...lol....i found the push button, but didnt have my foot on the brake pedal. I just drove and played with the radio. didn't want to mess anything up.

If anyone is hedging on buying the LR3 or LR4, you need to go drive them. I came away wowed by both, but the LR4 was awesome.

john

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the observations. Nothing wrong with an additional 75hp, especially in a vehicle which weighs nearly 3 tons.

I'll be at LR West Chester tomorrow to pick up some new accessories, and will fit in a test drive of the LR4 as well.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look forward to hearing from a longtime LR3 driver. It will certainly be a better perspective than the 15 minutes i spent in both.

john

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up my Lr4 today. Hope its good in the rain...haha
Excited to be apart of the LR family.

j

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picking up my Lr4 today. Hope its good in the rain...haha
Excited to be apart of the LR family.

j

Congrats! Post up some pics when you get chance.

Rainy day here in the PA/NJ area, but the weekend should improve. I'm always amazed when driving the LR3 that the rain, wind, and puddles feel almost non-existant.

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are they still putting those GoodYears on? I would ask for different tires before it left the lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM