2012 LR4 H/K subwoofer > No longer working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting -- at one time, JL Audio made a stealthbox that fit the left rear panel specifically for the LR4.
g13694600-o.jpg

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting -- at one time, JL Audio made a stealthbox that fit the left rear panel specifically for the LR4.
View attachment 21923

I saw this too, the issue is my truck, as well as many others, with the rear seat climate control Have the AC intake vents located there. If it was on the other side it would’ve been perfect.

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry for the delayed response, here’s a photo of the set up i have in the back. Again, IMO it is one of the best modifications i have done to the truck just because it’s something i use every day.

Attachments

• CA00A3C4-7BCA-49FC-8880-107A7F0A731D.jpeg
    CA00A3C4-7BCA-49FC-8880-107A7F0A731D.jpeg
    148.7 KB · Views: 56

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that's pretty expensive though and it looks of really good quality. That is not what I was referring to when I said "big ghetto box" by the way. I meant the sub boxes wrapped in the cheap extra wooly/fuzzy black felt carpet and just sits in the middle of the trunk unbolted and bouncing around haha. That set up is actually way easier than mine as the amp is built into the box. I had to hide my huge amp behind the side cubby trim by where the tire changing apparatus is located. The one plus side for me is that the seat is usable. I regularly use all the seats in my truck.
Haha ya i figured you would've been speaking of a janky box that’s not properly bolted. Anyways yup the sub is amazing and has more than enough kick. Easily my favorite purchase.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA