2012 LR4 HSE for sale

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree, keep it to 150K miles. I'm at 119K miles and decided to take mine to 150K miles. At that point I will need the next set of new control arms, another transmission service, transfer case and differential fluid change, another set of brakes and rotors, probably another set of front hubs, water pump, air compressor, crossover pipe, battery, alternator, tailgate actuator and anything else I replaced at around 75K miles.

And maybe by a year from now I'll be able to choose between a 110 or 130.

k-lr4

Reaction score
I agree, keep it to 150K miles. I'm at 119K miles and decided to take mine to 150K miles. At that point I will need the next set of new control arms, another transmission service, transfer case and differential fluid change, another set of brakes and rotors, probably another set of front hubs, water pump, air compressor, crossover pipe, battery, alternator, tailgate actuator and anything else I replaced at around 75K miles.

And maybe by a year from now I'll be able to choose between a 110 or 130.

I am in the exact same boat.... I have a 2013 HSE LUX and we just decided to keep it till 150K after a comprehensive 100K mile maintenance,, although I did not replace even half of what you have done. I went over the list with the dealer, looked at all the items listed above with the shop tech and the pipes / hoses including the coolant cross-over pipes looked good and shop tech recommended against replacing them -- they do have a replace as it fails philosophy and I try to meet them somewhere in the middle. Asked about the transmission service and he pulled out the 2013 LR manual and pointed out the 150K mile service interval and said he would not do it even if I was willing to pay for it. said he will do it at the 150 K mark.

Now, before you commit to 110/130 ... did you look at the recent articles about a 5.0V8 defender. that got my juices flowing. its either that or a land cruiser for us as the next family wagon.... love the range rover full size but it seems almost too posh for our intended family use!!!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes! After seeing the Discovery SVX get cancelled, I'd certainly be interested in a V8 Defender/Defender SVX.

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't but would love to. The Canadian peso is too cheap and I would end up offending you. My 2010 is a Lux, similar shape and miles and it is worth maybe $14 CDN so about $10k US.

gsxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wish we needed a second LR4. If this had the Lux package with black interior we might do something stupid. :D

Brian, it may help if you posted more photos (interior too) and the VIN for people who want to pull a Carfax/AutoCheck, or look up the options...

:call:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72