2012 LR4 LED Disabling...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did they stumble across yours and post on the owner site?

Your LR photos are certainly deserving.

A couple of years ago LR did a microsite for owners at wellstoried.com. They featured several of my photos there but now that site is defunct. As you noted they have moved this feature here:

https://landroverusa.com/ownership/owner-stories.html

Make sure you use #wellstoried and also tag @landroverusa in each photo in order to be considered. I don't know if they put any weight on the caption but I try to think like a marketer when I'm captioning the images I think might appeal to them. Keep trying!

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So when you put the headlight switch in the position for the parking lights, is the entire front now dark?

Don't you ever run the parking light LED dots along with just the fog lights? I have done that many times traveling to VT through blizzard conditions when the reflection of the regular headlights off the oncoming snow was blinding. (I have bright yellow fog light bulbs)

When it's dark out and I'm picking up my at kids at school or at a function they say that the LED dots help them locate our SUV among all the other family hauling SUVs. So I'll keep mine on.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your LR photos are certainly deserving.

Thank you. I appreciate that and thank you for the link.

So when you put the headlight switch in the position for the parking lights, is the entire front now dark?

I leave the switch in the AUTO position all the time but the marker/parking lights are on since those are not disabled. Also this is not my primary vehicle despite only having 50k miles I purchased it as a "beater" to leave at our other place and as a "mountain mobile" for going snowboarding or into town but have not had the time to install winter tires and bring up there yet.

mklinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the updated 2014+ you can disable or enable the LED DRL by following this procedure:

• Make sure the vehicle's ignition is switched off, and the lighting switch is in the Off position.

• Switch the vehicle's ignition on.

• Turn the lighting switch to the Low beam headlamps on position.

• Turn the lighting switch back to the Off position.

• Press and hold the rear fog lamp switch for more than 2 seconds.

• Release the rear fog lamp switch.

• Turn the lighting switch to the Low beam headlamps on position.

• Turn the lighting switch back to the Off position.

• Turn the vehicle's ignition off.

click your heels three times too.

iconoclast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having tried that method and not achieving the desired results I found a better method which has worked since my youth... "UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, B, A, SELECT, START."

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV