2012 LR4 Speaker Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2039BDF2-EB39-458F-AE8D-53050946AA96.jpeg

2DE4B8A1-C4A7-403F-A051-8D838DF8B793.jpeg

Hey all, been away for a while.

My 2012 LR4 HSE with Harman/Kardon apparently has a blown speaker on the drivers side.
Seems only the bass speaker is blown out.

No audio shop in my area will touch it. Savannah, GA.

I’m trying to avoid the dealer.

Anyone else replace speaker in their door panels?

I need an LR4 door panel disassembly guide/vid? And which speaker to buy.

There’s a bunch of used and new Speakers on eBay, not sure what to get.

I attached some photos for everyone’s review.

Searched online and couldn’t find a good thread on this subject for this model year.

Thanks for the help all.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The model year shouldn't make a difference. Some on here used Focal speakers that they more or less just dropped in and claimed to have good results. A search for "focal" would probably turn up that discussion.

After I sold off some home stereo equipment, I took mine to a local higher-end car audio place and they opined I would either need to spend a lot of money to gut the existing system in order to use amps and speakers geared toward the same impedance, or just leave it as it is. They recommended the latter. With that in mind, I would just try to find a used midrange somewhere if I were you.

BrandonM7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One in my passenger rear door was blown when I got mine, I found an OEM replacement on eBay and swapped it out. I didn't have or make any kind of walk-through on removing that door panel, it was pretty easy as I've done many door panel removals in the past. Basically just gently popping clips until you get to something that isn't a clip, then find where the bolt/screw head is for that spot. I always start at the bottom because the top usually slides down into the window channel on most vehicles, so you need the lower clips loose to get that part up and out.

TheWidup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the door trim removal instructions. Once you have that off it should be pretty straightforward to replace the speaker - let me know if you need that guide though.

Attachments

• FrontDoor.pdf
    530.4 KB · Views: 330

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the door trim removal instructions. Once you have that off it should be pretty straightforward to replace the speaker - let me know if you need that guide though.

Whoa! That’s a great illustrated walkthrough. Nice!

Anyway of knowing the part number of the speakers in the door on my system?

There’s a bunch of options on eBay for used speakers. Want to make sure I get the proper ones.

Thanks all, the wealth of knowledge here is amazing

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be two speakers in there in the HK configuration, a mid range (upper, you kind of see it through the grille) and a bass/woofer (lower) speaker. Upper s/b part # LR029719, lower LR057786.

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There should be two speakers in there in the HK configuration, a mid range (upper, you kind of see it through the grille) and a bass/woofer (lower) speaker. Upper s/b part # LR029719, lower LR057786.

Awesome umberto with all the answers as always. I think I’ll just replace them both to be safe.

itiosso

Reaction score

I found that there are other part number associated with LR4 such as XQM500520 for the lower speaker. Anyone care to chime in if there are any difference at all and why the discrepancy online?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM