2012 model year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be all over a diesel LR4 in a heartbeat!!! Isn't Land Rover bringing a hybrid RR here?

waltzonice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of articles with info about the 2012 LR4

http://wot.motortrend.com/new-eight-speed-auto-for-2012-land-rover-lr4-and-range-rover-sport-raft-of-minor-upgrades-93913.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/07/2012-range-rover-sport-lr4-get-eight-speed-automatic-among-othe/

So here's what I gather from these articles:
  • No Diesel for the US - same V8 engine and 6 speed transmission as 2011
  • Updated 7 inch touch-screen navigation system with Dual View and improved voice control
  • new 17 speaker Harmon/Kardon Logic7 surround-sound system with built-in music storage hard drive
  • updated information panel and gauges (did not specify what these are)
  • revamped steering column stalks
  • Bluetooth audio streaming
  • wireless WhiteFire headphones
  • Smaller key vob
  • Updated rear entertainment system with USB input
  • two new sets of alloy wheels
  • new option packages (did not specify what these are)
  • new exterior paint colors

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info. I will have to go take a look at the links to just see what they have to say.

Rob

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a couple of articles with info about the 2012 LR4

http://wot.motortrend.com/new-eight-speed-auto-for-2012-land-rover-lr4-and-range-rover-sport-raft-of-minor-upgrades-93913.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/07/07/2012-range-rover-sport-lr4-get-eight-speed-automatic-among-othe/

So here's what I gather from these articles:
  • No Diesel for the US - same V8 engine and 6 speed transmission as 2011
  • Updated 7 inch touch-screen navigation system with Dual View and improved voice control
  • new 17 speaker Harmon/Kardon Logic7 surround-sound system with built-in music storage hard drive
  • updated information panel and gauges (did not specify what these are)
  • revamped steering column stalks
  • Bluetooth audio streaming
  • wireless WhiteFire headphones
  • Smaller key vob
  • Updated rear entertainment system with USB input
  • two new sets of alloy wheels
  • new option packages (did not specify what these are)
  • new exterior paint colors

Updated information panel and gauges - do you think they went all LCD?

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, pretty sure the virtual gauge LCD gizmo is still going to be exclusive to their flagship Range Rover, gotta make its owners feel special somehow! :wink: What I think they did is making the current TFT display between RPM and speedo gauges more useful (and perhaps larger), by including redundant info from the touchscreen such radio frequency / MP3 / iPod / Sirius XM channel information, turn-by-turn navigation arrows and directions, etc. In its current (2010-2011) form, that display seemed a bit of a waste of real estate space, so that would be a welcome improvement. The gimmicky LCD of the FFRR... Not so much.

Last edited:

still-one

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, pretty sure the virtual gauge LCD gizmo is still going to be exclusive to their flagship Range Rover, gotta make its owners feel special somehow! :wink: What I think they did is making the current TFT display between RPM and speedo gauges more useful (and perhaps larger), by including redundant info from the touchscreen such radio frequency / MP3 / iPod / Sirius XM channel information, turn-by-turn navigation arrows and directions, etc. In its current (2010-2011) form, that display seemed a bit of a waste of real estate space, so that would be a welcome improvement. The gimmicky LCD of the FFRR... Not so much.

According to the Press Release yo are correct about the TFT.

The phonebook capacity for the Discovery 4 has increased significantly for 2012 from 700 entries to several thousand, whilst the TFT Message Centre interface has been redesigned to display audio, phone and navigational information.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635