2012 model year

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gfcronus

Banned
Reaction score
On topix they have the 2012 owners manual now available (Discovery 4) - The 8 speed transmission appears only to be available on the Diesel variants. Fuel consumption figures for the V8 remain the same as 2011 models (Fuel and refueling section). Pop up gear selector appears only with the 8 speed transmission (Gearbox section)

So does that mean that the 2012 LR4 will have a diesel variant available in the United States?

psc

Reaction score
So does that mean that the 2012 LR4 will have a diesel variant available in the United States?

Unfortunately it tells us very little about the Diesel LR4 availability in the US. It does howver tell us that it appears that the 8 Speed auto will only be available on certain Diesel variants and that the transmission appears unchanged on the "Gasoline" V8 (judging the fuel consumption figures published).

The manuals been referenced are the 2012MY Discovery 4 (ROW) versions.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a thread from another forum (hope that's allowed) with a fair amount of leaked info re the Brit-spec MY2012. Seems to generally confirm what's in this thread (i.e., 8-speed ZF with pop-up dial selector, tweaked Nav screen, etc.): http://www.disco4.com/forum/topic60389.html

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm not too keen on an 8-speed auto, I've had 7-speeds in the past, ZF, and they were jolting, not smooth.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
any other thoughts about the 8-speed ZF tranny? Any Jag owners have one?

psc

Reaction score
any other thoughts about the 8-speed ZF tranny? Any Jag owners have one?

Does not look like you will get one on the V8 gasoline engine. Limited to the Diesel (ROW).

Count the 7 Speed - Merceds perhaps ? cant remember ZF with a 7 speed. The 8HP on the FFRR (4.4L V8 Diesel) is an 8 speed (8HP) and seems to get good reviews.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Audi went to 8-speed transmissions in the A4 and 2.0T Q5. These seem to get really good reviews on the Audi forums. But I'll hang onto my 6-speed manual transmission A4 avant now that you can't get one here in the US anymore.

RandyH2

Reaction score
I'm still hoping they can hit at least 15 city/22 highway (US) for their fuel efficiency. We just bought a 2011 Ford Explorer as my "I'm waiting" vehicle and I only average 18.4 mpg with mostly highway driving which is worse than I got with my '01 X5. If Rover were able to bring their stated numbers up, I would buy today. Diesels work for me too...

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would love a diesel LR4. Really, really hope they bring one to the US someday soon.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9