2012 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX Battery Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cavendish

Reaction score
I have a dead battery on my 2012 Range Rover Sport HSE LUX. Is it safe to purchase from AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts and replace it myself?

AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts website warns: REQUIRES PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION: DO NOT attempt to install batteries in this vehicle.; Battery is vented to outside of vehicle.; Professional installation required.

Thanks for any advice out there!

- Kurt

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 11.41.47 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-20 at 11.41.47 AM.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 130

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes install it yourself it is easy if you have ever installed a battery before. Not sure why they think it needs a pro to install.

AztroRover

Reaction score
There is simply a small black tube that connects to the vent on the battery and it's very easy to see, it's on the top of the battery towards the front of the truck. Also if you have Gap iiD you can tell the car it has a new battery. I didn't have a tool the first time I changed my Rovers battery (4yrs ago), but did for the recent change. Zero difference -that I could tell. Easy peasy.

Cavendish

Reaction score
There is simply a small black tube that connects to the vent on the battery and it's very easy to see, it's on the top of the battery towards the front of the truck. Also if you have Gap iiD you can tell the car it has a new battery. I didn't have a tool the first time I changed my Rovers battery (4yrs ago), but did for the recent change. Zero difference -that I could tell. Easy peasy.
Thanks so much!

PCOLA

Reaction score
Their is a correct order to cable removal and reinstall. I remove neg first, and install neg last. Please verify.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sawcut